Meade CaptureView Binocular/Digital Camera

sdbowyer

Reaction score
The reviews I've read are that its a great idea but the quality is not there yet. Not even 1 megapixel on the camera. Just a toy for this generation fo product. I'm waiting for the next round.

MBullism

Reaction score
I got a pair for xmas last december...they're fun to fool around with, but the pic quality is nothing to write home about....

If I think of it tommorow I'll take a snap or two and put them up here so you can see the quality of pics. I'd do it now but it has no flash, LOL

MBullism

Reaction score
O.k., let's try a few... This is my 9'x10' metal shed from about 70 yards. The photo has not been touched, just saved it from the cam as a jpeg. I'm standing in the setting sun and the shed is in full shadow...

Attachments

MBullism

Reaction score
O.k., walk down to the shed, shoot back the other way. I'm now in full shadow and the swingset and my poochie are in direct sun, albeit low and setting... about 70 yards

Attachments

MBullism

Reaction score
Last one... walking back. About 75 yards to the Jeep. The pic is untouched except I blurred the plate (mom didn't raise no dummies, LOL).

My recollection is that the pic quality drastically improves on bright sunny days and hits the skids on grey overcast days...

Attachments

MBullism

Reaction score
one more to show how bad it gets... bucky about 45-50 yards during our lovely recent winter. Was mid-day but heavy overcast. Honestly can't remember if I fooled with this one trying to make it better or not... It's smaller so I must've. FYI.

Attachments

MBullism

Reaction score
This has been talked about a few times in the gamecam forum, do a search there for Binocular... This one still has the pic links...

sdbowyer

Reaction score
Thanks very much MBullism,

I sure hope they are working on the next generation of this idea. Your picks are fun but I think we can agree that they're not the sharpest. I'm still excited about the concept. Thanks for being our tester! lol

vman

Reaction score
here is one from a couple days ago. the deer is about 150 yards away. Good light.

Attachments

MBullism

Reaction score
Like I said, it's fun to kick around with, but you're not gonna win any awards with your photos. Just trying to give you a range of what to expect. FYI

CWSMACKDOWN

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies and pictures. Most of your pictures are actually a little better quality than I expected. I will have to look into getting one in a few more years, by then the pic quality should be better.

Vic

Reaction score
I own a pair the MagPix 350 binocular/camera.Got last xmas fro the wife and have great success with them.To me ,for the price,you can't beat it for taking to the woods and anywhere else.I have took pics at over a half mile away and took good pictures.Price-$59.00 at Wal-mart.

Vic

Check out my Nascar\Atlanta Bass Pro Shop pics on my site.

http://community.webshots.com/user/vicnic3

:JHP rocks:

Top Bottom