Meindl boots squeaking? Solution found.

arizona hunter

Reaction score
For those of you that have suffered through your new Meindl boots squeaking for many miles :skeered:and finally just returned them to Cabelas for a refund, I found something to save them and our sanity.:confused:

Yesterday I was on the Cabela site reading 50-60 reviews of just the "Perfekt" hunter boot. Some people said they had used Nikwax Aqueous Wax(Cabelas does sell it) and it went away. Well, I just happened to have a three year old can at home, followed the directions to the letter:prayin : and in 5 minutes the squeak was gone! Amazing. :smiley_yahoo:

I had been wearing these everday for 1-3 miles for 3 weeks and they were just as squeaky yesterday morning as on day one. But last night after only one application of Nikwax it was gone-and this morning it was still gone-I don't know why it worked but am sure glad it did, because I sure did not want to return this supportive, comfortable boot due to sounding like I was walking on Corn Flakes.:(

I hope this helps someone else out there, too. Happy hunting.

arizona hunter

Reaction score
Update!

One year later the boots are still great. However, I have had to apply 2 more coats of Nik wax. The last coating being at the end of December just before a Jan Colo. elk hunt (successful). Recently I wore them and they were still quiet-thank God!

Last edited:
Top Bottom