Memory?

Outhouse

Reaction score
After seeing memory card going 16 to 64 to 128 and so on.

Realistically how big of a memory card do you need for a trailcam anyway?

I usually set the resolution to a lower setting. For delays: on a trail 10 seconds for which I don't get that many pictures before the battery goes dead. On baits I'll set it to 5 or 10 minutes. I have not filled up a card yet before the batteries go dead.

Are 128 and 256Mb cards over kill for a normal trailcam?

Thanks for your input!!

chardy

Reaction score
I check my about once a week. To me 8MB is enough. My opinion anything over 64mb is over kill. Just depends on setting on the camera you set. (Resolution)

Muddy Z

Reaction score
Check this post out...

Memory Question and Answer

I bought two 64 mb cards off of Ebay. If you watch the auctions real close you can get a good deal on them. I got mine for ~$16 shipped. Of course the auction was for $>5 and the rest was shipping. You have to watch closely!

harleydavidone

Reaction score
Last week I set a p32 out with it set on 2.0 m and one week later the 128 mb card was full with 158 pictures. The book says I should of got 246 pictures out of it, when I use the supplied 16mb cards I always use the VGA setting which the book says I should get 243 pictures? I guess it depends what quality pictures you want, and how often you check them.

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
My opinion anything over 64mb is over kill[/b]
I think Harley hit it right on the head. If you get to check them once a week, that might be enough.. But, if you cannot get out but every 2 or 3 weeks you will probably need a bigger card....

Top Bottom