Mendota Ducks

Fubar

Reaction score
Way to go Kid. Looks like your group is doing better than most. Maybe these storms will bring us a few more birds.                Fubar

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hey Kid, looks like ya'll had fun.  Also looks like you're the ones who bumped the daily average up.  

I haven't had a chance to hit Mendota yet this season, but was considering heading down this weekend.  From the boats in the picture, I'm assuming you went in the slough.  Are there lots of boats out there this year?  

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Most of the locals at Mendota use the boats to get to the better areas and then head into their favorite spots.  We got lucky!

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I may have the opportunity to use a canoe this weekend (hooking up with grtwthunter to buy his canoe) and was thinking about getting out into one of the tule islands.  I didn't expect the weather to get so ducky, so quick, though.  I bet it's gonna be a packed house down there this weekend!

Oh well, I'll play it by ear, but I have a couple of fallback locations if the crowd is too heavy.

You gonna be out there this weekend?

stickman

Reaction score
Good job. You definately helped the average. I'm planning on heading there this weekend. Haven't hunted it since the opener. I'm hoping the storm later this week brings in some birds.

Triggerfinger

Reaction score
KID:

Very nice photos of some good looking limits!  Hey, who shot that hen mallard?????

Advertisement

Top Bottom