$#@$ Messed my Camera UP

gtk

Reaction score
OK... After 5 camera's, I have finally messed one up.  My Own PF !  I accidently pulled off the bridge between five and six, and it pulled the little contacts off with it...

Question:  Can those little circuit boards on the owl PF be repaired, or replaced for that matter ?  Like I said, i pulled out the bridge between #5 and #6, along with the little metal contacts.  It looks like the board will come out with two screws.  Or, do I toss it in the trash ?  

Right now, my camera flash will come on and stay when I short #4 and #5.

Thanks..

Greg

Tinhorn

Reaction score
If we knew where the traces that disappear behind the Lens Board went, jumbers could be added and it'd probably work....

I'm sure they go to one of the components on the Lens board and jumpers could be soldered to a Resistor leg or ???

I've tried to figure out where they went, etc but no luck,  Resistance checks could be made for continuity and where they connect could probably be found but this has to be done on a GOOD camera and I won't do it on mine,  too valuable to take a chance.......

Sorry...

Tinhorn

H

hookingbull

Greg,  If it can be repaired i would think it would have to be done professionally.  I did the same exact thing you've done.  I actually torn into the camera futher and really did some damage.  It's like you said it only looks like two screws aare holding the board on.  Well, its not.  It's actually attached to another board in the front which they are fused together in some way.  I know this because I pryed them apart.  The small prungs that you bridged together, actually go under/ or inbetween these two boards.  I actually took on of my wife's dental tools and drug into the board looking for the pin so i could try to rebuild or buid it back up.  No luck!  I tore up the board literally to shreds and never found this pin.  If someone has more experience in this area or maybe a way around this that would be great because like you, i now have one down carmea,  good luck!   Hookingbull

gizz

Reaction score
I messed one of the PF's up once and what I did was to heat the crevice between the 2 boards and apply some solder hoping to make contact with trace that I knew was down there just couldn't see it. It worked and I was able to then very carefully make a new bridge with some very thin wire. It took a lot of patience but the cam is still working. Don't throw it out you can always give it a shot later on after you calm down a bit.
Don't try it while your mad cause you'll have solder all over the place and probably get shocked by the flash cap's  Then you'll throw the camera against the wall smashing it. Then you not only have to fix the cam but also the hole in the drywall

gtk

Reaction score
Toooo late gizz....
1.  Got shocked.  
2.  Got Madd.  
3.  Started heating and throwing solder on anything that it would stick too.
4.  Replaced batteries, turned it on (with a wild look in my eyes)

The batteries and camera got so hot I thought it would catch on fire...  Anyway, now that I have calm'd down, I will see if anyone hear in Memphis can order the circuit board and replace..

Greg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom