Met Mouthcallinmatt and kids

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Today I had the pleasure of meeting Matt and his son Max and daughter Grace. We met at Hogan's in Pleasant Hill so we could look at all the fun 'stuff' they have ready for this weekend's sale.

Jay (aka RefugeHunter on the 'fuge) also was there to buy all the Kent shells he could carry - something about his trip to Canada to slay the geese.

Matt's granddad runs the Sportsman's' catering business at Wister and someone that I remember as a kid almost 4 decades ago serving up hot chocolate and other goodies.

Matt - It was a pleasure to meet you after all our conversations and a chance for me to reminisce about Wister.

I told Matt he should put in ressie applications for all the great spots up here and I would be happy to show him around

I think he called me a ressie Wh***....

I told him he was right about that

He took off with the kids to visit San Francisco as part of his "around Calif. vacation tour"...and then will start to head south and eventually back home.

Again, Matt - an absolute great time meeting you and the kids...and thanks for sharing stories with me. I'll say hi to grand dad at Shaver next month.

You sure do meet some terrific people in our sport...

Rick

foulshot

Reaction score
I got to see Matt and his kids at Autolife on Satuday. What are the chances of 2 SoCal guys meeting in Modesto?(3 if you inclule FullSack)

Hey Rick, I'll put in for up there, it's the least I can do for a co-worker. You just have to show me where to go when I get there.

Originally posted by DuckFan
You sure do meet some terrific people in our sport...
Ain't that the truth!

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Zach,

He was telling me about seeing you at Autolife...amazing.

If you come this way and if I can help you in any way, I'm more than happy to help you out....and no strings attached.

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Rick and Zach,

I've met some of the nicest people from this board and hunted with most of them, I wish there was time to meet more of them!!!!

Duck Fan

Reaction score
foulshot:

well, off to Tahoe for a week...loafing around and do some fishing. Talk to you all when I get back.

wrhinehart

Banned
Reaction score

I agree that this forum is jam packed full of great people!

Matt is a class act, I've known him since he was just a wee feller.

If you know his dad, you know why Matt turned out like he did!

Bill

mouthcallinmatt1

Reaction score
Wow! I go away for awhile and look at all the kind words I get while I'm gone. Maybe I should leave more often. Thanks guys...the checks are in the mail.

Rick, thanks for meeting up with me and the kids. It was great to finally meet you too and I appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to do so. We will definitely hunt together sometime. I'll be putting in some apps for Nor Cal this season. If I get lucky you had better be available!

Bill, thanks! My grandpa has definitely been a big influence in my life. I could only dream of being as kind and honest as he is. God broke the mold when He made him. It was good to see you out at Wister again. We need to get your brother and Richard Kuehner out for a reunion hunt if possible. I hope to see you at SJ for the clean up. I'm still working on trying to make it.

Zach, did you guys go back to Autolife on Sunday? I heard the goose calling contest was cancelled.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom