mexico doves

Cahunter

Reaction score
I want to go hunt doves in mexico next year sometime.  So who has hunted there and how was it.  I found a couple of outtfitters online but I want some first hand information.  I think it would be unbelieveable to shoot 100 doves in a day.

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
For a little more go to Argentina. You wont shoot a 100 doves a day you'll shoot a 1000.

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
I think it was Western Outdoor News where I read that dove shooting in Mexico is not what it used to be.  The doves are still there, but they mexicans are putting all sorts of expensive restrictions on American hunters - requiring guides, licenses, fees, etc.  I'd check it out really thoroughly before I went down there.

Regards,
Paul

QALHNTR

Reaction score
<font face="Tahoma">My father-in-law has gone several times with a good friend.  The friend is part owner of a ranch which they have hunted for over 25 years.  I've seen the pictures and 100 bird days seem to be the norm.  This group boycotted the hunt last year after the government raised all costs associated with the hunt.   From memory, the license is around $300 and you HAVE to hire a guide which is another $40 - $60 a day per hunter.  They invited me this year so maybe I'll have some good pics & stories later on.  I  know that they do NOT bring their own guns.  The ranch has lots of 870's to use.  Some of the guys lost a few very nice guns to the federales due to a serial number transposition on the paperwork.  No questions, just hand over the shotguns!</font>

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
QBH Hunter is correct that the hot new place to hunt doves in Argentina. I read a write up in Field and Stream on hunting down there and the guys say the hunting is out of this would shooting 2 and 3 thousand rounds a day is normal.
WBH

songdog

Reaction score
I know that there are some stories of guys who have had no problems hunting in Mexico.  We use to do it 25 years ago.  That has all changed.  For every one that went well there are nine horror stories about fees, confiscated guns, jail time, etc.

Personally, there's no amount of dove hunting that could get me to go back to Mexico and hunt.  If you really want it that badly, go out to Imperial County or Arizona.  Cheaper, closer and most of all safer.

B

BDOG

I am so done with mexico that it's not fuuny. The only way that I'm ever going back is if we go to war.We give them three Billion every year and they still take all your money. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!Kiss my A**. They advertise the crap out of the mexican board of tourism. Just try to find them to complain. They don't exist. Believe people when they talk of horror stories. Ashley Wolf

Latest Posts

Top Bottom