Michigan see more Bucks than normal

GIVEMTHEBLADE

Reaction score
To everyone,

I have been scouting the same amout as previous years and am seeing about 25% more bucks this year!  Not only that more quality bucks!  My photo hunter has been busy this year I have go twice as many pictures of bucks than I usually have this time of year!

Cdad

Reaction score
GMTB, where are you at? I live, work, (farm) and hunt in the Capac area (Imlay City). I have been seeing less bucks this year, but last year I was seeing tons of bucks (13 out of one treestand, at least 5 of them 130+, but all out of range) and had a so-so bow season. I did get a 3-pt and 3 does, I have changed tactics this season, i'm hunting back in the woods/cover and am REALLY EXCITED/ HOPEFUL!!!!!!!

GIVEMTHEBLADE

Reaction score
cdad,

I live near Flint and Hunt near Bishop Airport! It sounds like you seen alot of good BUCKS last year! I am willing to bet alot of those same BUCKS are still around! 5 130+, thats a great year, alot of people have a hard time seeing that many in 5 years! This year my photo hunter has taken alot of pictures of alot of different BUCKS! Twice as many as usual!!!!!!! I have also been using a spotting scope to view these BUCKS from a distance! I know of 1 that will go over 150, and two that are around 130 - 140 range, and alot of smaller quality BUCKS that aren't shooters!! I also have noticed that the DOES in my area have had mostly twins w/ the few that had triplets! Also I would like to say I found alot more sheds this spring, I found 7! I usually only find 3-4 in a year! Hopefully your sighting of BUCKS turn out as good as last year w/ the end result being you GIVING THEM THE BLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to hear from you soon! Oh, and happy scouting and hunting!!!

Cdad

Reaction score
Blade, my son and I (man I love hanging with my little bubba,11) java script:emoticon(':toast-yellow:')
smilie were walking out to set up my last stand (ladder) yesterday, when we jumped a REALLY NICE NON-TYPICAL 10 PT+. I didn't get as good of a look as I wanted, but he had a NICE rack. It's so cool when my son gets a chance to see why I love to hunt so much!! It's not just about the killing, I wish the antis understood!!! He is my good luck charm, we have seen tons of does while scouting, even had one walk right towards us to about 15 yds, we were in the soybeans and she wanted to check us out, had 2 fawns in spots then she blew at us and took off. He talked about HOW COOL THAT WAS FOR 3 DAYS!!!!! I told him that a sound he won't want to hear when he starts bowhunting, he's a really good shot, natural form (lucky kid) Anyway, would you be interested in possibly trading a hunt??? I'm only about 1-hr from you, I might be interested in a change of scenery, how about you????

GIVEMTHEBLADE

Reaction score
CDAD,
Yes, I am willing to tade you a hunt if the farmers place I am hunting will alow me to bring a fellow hunter!! It will have to be durring Bow season though! Where I'm hunting you can only hunt w/ a BOW!! I could deffinatly get you on a doe but lets key on the BUCKS and if that doesn't work out than the night blind will produce a doe for sure!!! I also wanted to say It's deffinatly not always about the KILL I would say I spend about 75% of my time scouting, changing film, baiting (@ the DOE stand), and looking for sheds! Also I can't wait till my sons are old enough to start hunting! Right now they are 1.5 and 2.5 and they help me bait and change film!!! Never to young to get them started!!! Catch ya latter!!!

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
Hold the tatters, I'm gonna be in Antrim County Oct 15 - 21. First MI hunting trip, one of my partners lives in Mancelona and he sed come on up...weeeeeee he has lots of land that no one hunts (1000 acre tracts..)..I hope im in the ZOO.....He sez bucks there are not "HUGE" but he is an investor..Im the hunter maybe I can find just one P&Y buck....He lives near the "WILDERNESS" he sez.....hmmmm sounds like awesome and hope to have some stories for ya soon!

Pray the plane makes it!

2nd tyme ever flown.....

GIVEMTHEBLADE

Reaction score
BOHUNTER,

Good Luck to ya!!! I've never hears of Antrim County, weres it at? is it in the UP? I hope you have good luck and get a P/Y!!!! Hopefully theres not a bunch of hunters were your going! Oh I forgot your on 1000 acres!!!! Hopefully everyones hunting aroung the 1000 to force them all on the property your hunting!!!!!!! Well theres gota be some BIGGUNS on the property your going to be hunting! I went out and go my film from my photo hunter to day I was pretty happy w/ the pics I go, 5 BUCKS, 1 that I've never go on film before that will go about 140 and the rest I've got multiple pics of, and the rest does and fawns!!!! Good Luck Hunting and launch an ARROW for me!!!!!!

FireFighter14

Reaction score
Hey There,

I live in lapeer county (otter lake) an must say this year seems like it could be a good one. I hunt state land in Tuscola County and have seen some very nice bucks , too include two large 8 pts in the 170 class. Most of the bucks I have seen will only score about 150 , but this is a big improvement over last year. As for the private lands in the area , I have seen some monsters in the past few weeks. Unfortunately I have been unable to get anyones permission to hunt in these areas.

I hunt alone 98% of the time , so if anyone would like to look around I would be glad to show you around. The area I hunt in dosent seem to attrack to many bow hunters. Theres alot of private land surrounding the state land I hunt. Makes for a good season. I have taken 4 deer from this area in each of the last two season. This year wont be as much fun though because I didnt get a doe permit and the public doe permits are not being sold this year.

By the way ... If anyone knows of some private land that will allow an extra hunter I would be very interested to meet some new and fellow hunters in the area!

Cdad

Reaction score
FF14, are you sure about the doe tags??? This year you can buy 1 doe tag a day (ridiculous) until they are gone, unless that's private land only. I heard that Tuscola Cty. has some good hunting and as far as the bigguns, maybe you should set up a mineral lick or something (don't know if that's legal on state land though) to attract the deer. I have a good buddy (best man @ my wedding) who's an E.M.T. with Lapeer ambulance, Lynn Hill, do you know him? We kind of lost track over the past few years though, so I don't know if he still works there though. I'd be glad to meet up with you and talk hunting, you're only about 30 minutes from me, as far as private land to hunt, I have been REALLY BLESSED BY THE LORD, we farm 1200 acres (1050 tillable 250(?) or so hardwoods) so I have ALOT OF REALLY GOOD SPOTS, (praise God) and have WORKED REALLY HARD to get it this way, Q.D.M., harvesting does, passing up the small racks, you get the idea. I could POSSIBLY be interested in a new partner, I currently hunt alone, but I'm REALLY REALLY PARTICULAR (nothing personal) about my hunting partner, it's like picking a bride!!! We have to both be on the same page or it won't work, are you a Christian? I mean I have had some BAD EXPERIENCES ( if it's brown it's down, littering, tearing up our land etc...) in the past, people don't understand that I feed my wife and kids from THE LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't take it the wrong way, but I have to make sure that I don't end up in the same boat again, I have 2 kids who hunt,(well my son will soon, daughter's first year, awesome!!!!!!!!! my son doesn't like guns-yet but loves his bow he's 11) that I intend on preserving the land and the hunting heritage for. We need to talk soon, get to know each other, the season is right around the corner, e-mail me and let me know your thoughts and address and phone# so we can get cracking. Pretty soon I will get REAL BUSY with harvest (2 combines, 3 grain trucks etc... to get ready). You can e-mail me @ cman@wwnet.net. Looking forward to hearing from you!!!!

GIVEMTHEBLADE

Reaction score
Cdad,

I guess ya didn't read my reply!!! Do you still want to exchange hunts??? Speeking of farms, I grew up on one in IOWA!!! My father and uncle farm about 2500 acres!!! Keeps em really busy!!! My father wanted me to go out and explore the world so here I am in MI hoping to return to IA someday when I'm financially secure, and start a farm of my own!!! Do you know that peice of property right @ the Capac exit just to the NORTH of 69?? My buddy hunts that!!!Well catch ya later!!!!

FireFighter14,

You ever heard of LAPEER METAL STAMPING??? I did a contract job there!! My friend shot a 120 class BUCK right behind the lms BUILDING while we were working there you might want to find out who owns that, its pretty nice land and alot of deer travel trough there!!! I will try to get ahold of that guy I know to see if he remembers the landowners name!!!

Later fellas!!!

Cdad

Reaction score
GMTB, e-mail me with more info, and we'll get together and talk.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom