might have lost one to the rain?

max

Reaction score
Well I pulled a camera last week,It had been in woods for about two weeks.I opened it up to find water in the housing the Camera display showed a big E ? I hit the auto rewind button and it started and stopped immediately?I did the dumbest thing and opened up the back door to find that the film had not rewound!!!Quickly tried to close it back up again but the film canister must have moved off the rewind wheel and i had to open the door again to get it back in to close the door properly!! I brought the camera to the nearest developer to see if they could salvage the film and manually rewind it in a blackBox?They did manege to remove the film and apparently it had been advanced all the way through(24 pictures).went back to get the pictures later that day but they said that there was none  that developed? Well my RS sensor board got wet and appeared to be a chaulky corrosive looking on the underside.I used rubbing alcohol and some steelwool to try to clean it up. When I went to see if everything was working alright I found that the PIR kept firing off a picture at every 30sec(I did the wiring the way TinHorn posted awhile back...lifted leg of R14,etc.)It seems to me that the relay(5v reed relay)keeps opening and closing by itself without reseting and triggering with the PIR?
 Boy that was really Long winded!!I Apologize  for that!!!
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly Appreciated!!!!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
when it drys out thoroughly it might start to work again all by itself.

also, rubbing alcohol has an oil in it that probably left a residue, try Denatured Alcohol instead

fingers crossed, Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom