MILTON, FLORIDA

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
LOOK AT ALL THOSE MEMBERS!!! PICKED UP ABOUT 700 SINCE I GOT HERE, I MUST HAVE BEEN AN INFLUENCE...WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!  NA JESS, HOW CAN I FIND SOMEONE WHO MAY LIVE IN MY TOWN ON HERE....OR IN BENTARROW, GEORGIA????  ID LIKE TO SEARCH FOR MEMBERS CLOSE BY FOR INPUT AND A CAMBUDDY BUILDER. ANY ONE KNOW ???  

I SPEND MORE TYME HERE THAN WITH MY WIFE, ONLY PROBLEM IS SHE AINT JEALOUS!!!

UTOH!!!!
WELL JUST CHECKIN JESSE, IM PROUD TO BE A MEMBER!!!!

ALSO IF ANYONE IS FROM MILTON OR CLOSE BY EMAIL ME @   SANDT4450@AOL.COM OR CALL ME  995-0206. I NEED A CAM BUDDY HERE!! SOMEONE HAS BEEN BUYING MY PARTS FROM RS..I KNOW UR ON HERE.....
STEVE

(Edited by BOHUNTER at 1:18 am on June 20, 2002)

flahunter

Reaction score
Well it was not me!!! I live in Central florida just south of Ocala and i have all of the parts I need for the cameras.

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
I am fruther south, but if you need some RS parts let me know, I could post them to you.  There are two raido shacks in my town.

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
Na i found him,,he wants me to help with his cam......muuuuaaaahhhhhhh!!!!     na he is a good ol boy. just like to have someone else to understand my passion for cam building, wife cant figure me out!!!

GO GATORS!

Old Scout

Reaction score
I'm so far south I should speak spanish....but I don't.  I guess that's the reason there is no shorthage of RS parts or Owl Camers down here.....Of course there are no deer down here either......I'm working on my first camera, when it's up and running, I may be the first to post pics of alagators.....I wonder how many more Home brew cam builders there are here in FL.

flahunter

Reaction score
Hey there are at least a few crackers in here. i live on the shores of Lake Griffin and I bet I could get some gator pics, I never thought of doing???? I am going this week end to set my cams out to get some bear pics from Ocala national forest.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Old Scout >> Since they have deer in the Florida Keys you must be pretty far south....

I used to live in Palm Beach County and hunted out in Big Cypress, Rotenberger, Browns Farm.
Before heading up to the central part of the state. A friend of mine is building some cams for out in the everglades. Who knows maybe a panther pic....

Old Scout

Reaction score
Arrowhead>>>.....I must confess...I'm not a Florida native...My company transfered me down here to Miami a year ago.....I'm a Tenn native....Over the past 20 years I've lives in about every state in the southeastern US...When I say there are no deer here...I guess I should say there are not the deer here  in camparison to places like GA, AL,TN or MS....Last fall I couldn't make myself got hunting in 90 degree heat....I guess I'm just spoiled.....

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Old Scout >> Florida Native, there is something you never see.... I think everyone in FLorida is transplanted from somewhere. Yeah deer hunting in south Florida is a different beast. The heat, the bugs. It will make you not want to hunt. I never like it that much until I started driving 3-4 hrs to hunt. I bet you didn't have to do that in Tenn. Don't underestimate Florida for hunting though. There are some good opportunities.  Now the fishing, that's a worth living down there for.

Welcome to the board.

flahunter

Reaction score
hey I am a florida native too! I was born right here in Leesburg ,FL 27 years ago. But I am ready to move out of the state to many old folks moving in!! The hunting in the state is good if you know where to go but I hunt alot in Georgia and do some bowhunting and turkey hunting here in central florida. As far as the fishing goes! well you can keep the freshwater fishing because it went bye bye a long time ago! the lakes have went down hill  and alot of them dried up. When I go fishing now I drive over to indian river for trout and redfish its the best!!

Does anyone know of a place where one can hunt or be in the woods for the rest of his or hers life? :smile-big-blue:

pigsdaddy

Reaction score
Hey Flahunter I just dropped two hundred bucks on a Bugtamer suit.  I hope that it will keep all the dang bugs beat back this season.  I think that those of us who hunt year in and year out in the South would have an advantage in we tried hunting up North.  I can't imagine a Bow Season that would be cold enough for there not to be any blood suckers swarming.  Another thing I hate about warm weather hunting is all of the dang snakes that are still out.  I takes me forever to get to my stand if there is not an open road to it.  Have you ever seen a 6'4,250 lb, white boy move at the speed of light with a API hanging off of his back and a Pearson waving in the breeze.  I will give up on a hunt if I see a snake!  Dog it off and head on back.  Yup, I'm a puss!        

flahunter

Reaction score
Pigsdaddy, It takes me a good 45 mins to get to a spot on a certain WMA here in central Florida. I have to wade thourgh a swamp, then trip and stumble over vines and stumps and snakes! well snakes don't bother me it is the bears that I have ran into that will make this white boy run!!! I have one word Ocala National Forest!!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, I saw a video this spring from a friend of mine who was turkey hunting in the Big Cypress. He was going down a buggy trail on his four wheeler when he thought he ran into a log, when he tried to go over it, it turned out to be a Gator. to make a long story short it ended up wedged into his four wheeler. It was stuck in there for about an hour.

The scariest thing about it was he was walking down that buggy trial, got about 1/4 of the way and decided to go back and get on his 4 wheeler. Good thing for him he did.

(Edited by Arrowhead at 7:50 am on June 23, 2002)

pigsdaddy

Reaction score
Arrowhead, believe it or not, I ain't scared of gators.  Gators run or swim.  They don't slither, I get goose bumps just saying the word slither.  Gators don't bother me. They standout and I do not know anyone that has ever been bit by a gator.  I can't say the same for snakes.

flahunter

Reaction score
In my area there was a girl just last week that was taken down by a gator while she was swiming, luckly the dad was there and fought the gator off. the game commision caught the gator and shot it, I think it was about 10 ft long.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom