Minnesota Seasons

fpscabs

Reaction score
Just found out that I will be going to a wedding in St. Paul the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I would love to hunt somewhere withing 5-6 hours of there on Thurs and Friday the 21st and 22nd.   Do I have to apply ahead of time? Any suggestions on locations or areas?  Anyone need some company on there hunt?  Any other info would be appreciated.   This would be my first time looking for whitetail.  
Thanks

vman

Reaction score
Well that is a little late for minnesota, but check out the DNR websit for further details.  I believe their is a late muzzloader season around that time.  Minnesota DNR
You do not need to apply for a Liscene.  If you are Bow hunting their are plenty of places to go within two hours of the Twin Cities.  Look on a map for Lake Mille Lacs.  Just south of the Lake and North of the Rum River state forest is a hugh chunk of state land.  Their is no public roads going through it.  If you want some good hunting go deep and far into the woods and you will find some great hunting.  I worked for the DNR their my last year of collage.  I saw some great bucks.  

fpscabs

Reaction score
Vman
Thanks for the info.  Actually, according to the DNR, zone 1 is open from Nov. 9-24 and Mille Lacs area is in that zone. Any suggests on where to narrow my search.  Appreciate your tips

Top Bottom