minolta freedom dual camara

ray dog

Reaction score
I found a minlota freedom dual camara with the date and time on it at a local pawn shop.  Can someone help me wire this camara or do I need to use a sylonode actuater to push down the lens button?

ray dog

Reaction score
I assume it has an electrical shutter button the film advances automaticaly when you push the button down.  Also it does not shut off after being on for awhile.The name is minolta freedom dual quartz date and has AF in red under the flash.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Ray Dog, film advance has nothing to do with electronic shutter. If its soft plastic and only travels about 1/8", its probibly electronic. I'm afraid your probibly in uncharted waters. If you got it for a good price, sounds like you might just have to rip into it and start having fun. wish I could help more.

(Edited by ****** at 6:19 pm on June 17, 2002)

ray dog

Reaction score
I got it for 20.00 bucks. All I can tell you is that it has a slide button beside the lens cover that opens the lens this turns the camera on .  Every time I push the button on top the camera takes a picture. It has a hard button on top that operates the camera. I left it on for two hours and pushed the button and the camera tooka picture so I assumed I could use it since it doesn't cut off automactily. The button on top that you push just has to be barley touched to operate the camera.  I couldn't find the owl camera everyone is using but it is simaler in shape.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
It sounds like a mechanical, and would require a solonoid. I guess the only way to really know is to open it up to see.

BULL MOOSE

Reaction score
Sounds mechanical. Push the button halfway. Do any lights come on inside the view before it takes a picture? Any two step camera that does not automatically power down will work.

ray dog

Reaction score
I pushed the button down half way and no lights came on in the view finder. I guess the best thing to do is use the solonode I have. Thanks everyone for the help.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom