minor problem with my design

russ

Reaction score
    Bummer man,you know if you ever  needed a small snow holder you couldn't find one anywhere!
I like how you did the LED,looks like you have the room to recess your PIR back inside your box.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't have that problem this year. Like a lot of the country, we havent had any measurable snow this season.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Knobby >> and if you lived in Buffalo NY all we would see is white.......

gtk

Reaction score
Knobby.. What kind of  box is that ?  Are they available commercially ?

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Knobby,

simply make a small roof projecting out over your enclosure and it should help unless you get a blowing snow

you may be better off placing the P.I.R. inside your case and mounting the fresnal lense flat.

gtk,

the boxes can be found thru the website that Knobby posted but you have to buy them in full case quantity's unless you can find one of their dealers near you that has them in stock for sale.

below is a pic of one of my cam units with this type of enclosure. notice the rain/snow roof on the top of the cam housing.

what you think of the camo job ?

Later,

BULL MOOSE

Reaction score
Estimated price on those metal first aid kits? They come twelve to a case.

Stever

Reaction score
Nice camo pattern, is that glued on bark or what?

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Stever,

the camo is a 3D pattern done with Latex caulking right out of the tube and ''no painting''
this is the best way i have found to camo the camera units as it really works good to hide em in the woods when it looks dang near the same as the tree does....hehehe

the camo is done by using what is called ''white lightning'' caulk found at most all builders supply .

you can get it in several different colors to match what you need . i use the brown , gray and cedar colors as that is what is on the pic above.
simply apply it in several beads one atop another until you get the desired texture thickness you want.
i also use a course bristle brush such as a toothbrush to brush in some bark texture.

after drying the caulk makes a very durable waterproof coating that is kinda rubbery to the touch.

if you need any info on the exact process let me know and i'll be glad to help.

Later,

(Edited by Gun Docc at 1:06 pm on Jan. 2, 2002)

Stever

Reaction score
great idea!
Is this posted in the FAQ section. 3d camo what A concept!

springdrl

Reaction score
Now I know why so many cameras get stolen. My camera may not look so nice, however it takes great pictures and doesn't look like something you might want.

Top Bottom