Mississippi Hunting

deerstalker

Reaction score
MSDeerHunter, I qualify on both accounts. Live in Lamar County and currently hunt a lease in Pearl River County. Good to hear from another Redneck.

rutnduck

Reaction score
I hunt yazoo county a couple times/year.  Want to try Tara next year (2003)

MSDeerHunter

Reaction score
I hunt in Leake county and Itawamba County also Oktibbeha County oh yeah also Clay county. I hunted Tara 1 year it was awesome  but didn't tag a buck,I now hunt in Illinois and also selling hunts on private land in Illinois.

rutnduck

Reaction score
Tell me about Tara.  I've hunted RoseHill Plantation and next year plan to hunt Tara for 3 days, then over to Rosehill.

Welby

Reaction score
Yep!  I do!  Hunt the Magnolia State that is....the land of ten or more does to every one buck.

Welby

Reaction score
Make that ten or more does to every spiked buck....do deer actually have more than two points anywhere?:smile-big-blue:

pontotoc

Reaction score
hi,I live and hunted in Mississippi all my live.I had have plenty of success with whitetails.I hunt in Lafayette and Pontotoc county.

MSDeerHunter

Reaction score
Hey pontotoc, whats up? Glad to see someone close to home on the board.:chainsaw:

MSDeerHunter

Reaction score
rutnduck sorry missed your post.  But one thing you need to make sure of when you hunt Tara ask your guide how long he's been guiding on Tara and request one thats been there for several years, When I went they stuck me with a young school kid who didn't know anything about the wind, thats one reason I never tagged a buck but I did see a 140 class 9 pt. only got to hunt that stand once they wouldn't let me hunt it again I think you are suppossed to tip your guide before your hunt at least 100.00 and he'll work harder for you . I wont go back I feel like I was robbed. But the food is super and the lodge is real cool.

pontotoc

Reaction score
hi,glad to meet you.I live in pontotoc county.You know where that is ,don`t you?We have some good hunts here .Deer, turkey,rabbit,we got them.Where you hunt?

MSDeerHunter

Reaction score
I hunt mostly in West Point,Tremont,Noxubee,Illinois for starters, and some in South Pontotoc county.I mostly bowhunt will gun hunt.What about you?

pontotoc

Reaction score
Me,I love to bow hunt,Ialso love to gun hunt.I love to deer hunt.I just loved to hunt deer.

Top Bottom