Missouri allowing deer imports in spite of CWD ban

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Posted on MDC Cafe forum by Outdoors Dan

8/22/02

I just recieved a call from a Outdoors writer and someone from the Conservation Federation. Folks the Conservation Commisioners have really let us down. They are allowing Deer and Elk to brought in to the state for the month of September! There has been a ban on this since May. They are letting animals in from farms that have been free of CWD for 5 years. This is a major screw up. Just because an area has been free of CWD for five years does not mean it will not show up! I just heard from someone that a 18 month old elk has died of CWD in South Dakota at a farm that had CWD 4 1/2 years ago. This young elk was never exposed to the herd that had CWD. But 4 1/2 years later he still caught it.

These conservation commissioners DO NOT have the best intrest of the 800,000 deer in mind that we have in the state. Are these game farms are paying someone off. It does not make sense to let animals in for 30 days then restrict them agian. All this does is let the game farms stock up to make money this fall on game! All it takes is just one animal that is a carrier that is not showing signs of CWD to infect the deer in our state. Does this make since to you. I called my Senator, and two that are running for senate this year. You need to do the same. I will talk about this every show I do on the air. It is going to take the Hunters who care about our future to take care of this. Call the Conservation Dept and Federation and Ask what the heck is going on!!!

Outdoors Dan
KTRS Radio
St. Louis MO

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score

8/22/02

I just recieved a call from a Outdoors writer and someone from the Conservation Federation. Folks the Conservation Commisioners have really let us down. They are allowing Deer and Elk to brought in to the state for the month of September! There has been a ban on this since May. They are letting animals in from farms that have been free of CWD for 5 years. This is a major screw up. Just because an area has been free of CWD for five years does not mean it will not show up! I just heard from someone that a 18 month old elk has died of CWD in South Dakota at a farm that had CWD 4 1/2 years ago. This young elk was never exposed to the herd that had CWD. But 4 1/2 years later he still caught it.

These conservation commissioners DO NOT have the best intrest of the 800,000 deer in mind that we have in the state. Are these game farms are paying someone off. It does not make sense to let animals in for 30 days then restrict them agian. All this does is let the game farms stock up to make money this fall on game! All it takes is just one animal that is a carrier that is not showing signs of CWD to infect the deer in our state. Does this make since to you. I called my Senator, and two that are running for senate this year. You need to do the same. I will talk about this every show I do on the air. It is going to take the Hunters who care about our future to take care of this. Call the Conservation Dept and Federation and Ask what the heck is going on!!!

Outdoors Dan
KTRS Radio
St. Louis MO

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score

8/22/02

Outdoors Dan
KTRS Radio
St. Louis MO

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 This is Badddd,Very bad,They say we dont have any infected deer,but they seem to be willing to risk our whole herd,this is beyond words.you would think that they would see whats happening in other states and learn.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom