Missouri Deer Classic

Chairman

Reaction score
Hey, Horntagger!  Fancy meetin' you here....

I've already answered your question in other forums - but hey, why not again - Yes.... (hehehe)

BTW - Are you going to have a booth/table?  If so, how will I know it's you?  I'm looking forward to meeting others at the Deer Classic.

(Edited by Chairman at 4:36 pm on Jan. 17, 2002)

StringShooter

Reaction score
I went to the classic last year when it was held in St. Charles (across the lot from where the new Bass Pro is now) and it was a big letdown. Not much to do and not very much information or booth's.

It may be different now...some one let me know that goes.

MOHunter

Reaction score
StringShooter, you are thinking about the Mid-America Deer Classic.  It did suck and it pretty much sucked again this year.  The Missouri Deer Classic has been held in Columbia for the last seveal years.  It is by far a much much better show than the Mid-America.

Duke

Reaction score
I'll be going up tomorrow probably. Anyone else going?

Chairman

Reaction score
I'm going Sunday - hopefully the weather will cooperate...

Duke

Reaction score
We might try it sunday but we got turned around  about the time we hit the interstate.  Way to slick.

Chairman

Reaction score
Duke - I was afraid of that....  Where were you coming from?  I'll be going North on Hwy. 65 (from Lincoln) to I-70, then East to Columbia - maybe...

I was/am planning on going Sunday, anyway.  I'm going to check the website, to see if everything is still "on".

Geez - the weather doesn't cooperate during hunting season, and then this happens!  How am I going to get my "deer huntin' cravings" satisfied????????  It ain't gonna happen while sittin' at the 'puter...

StringShooter

Reaction score
I talked to a friend today that said it was a great show. I did not make it due to work.

Duke

Reaction score
Sorry about the slow response Chairman.  We took Hwy 19 in Herman across the river to 70.  We got on 70 and turned around on the next ramp.  We saw a few cars in the ditch on the way home.  When the truck in fornt of us just about lost it we turned around.

Chairman

Reaction score
Not a problem, Duke.

My brother and I decided to give it a try.  I checked the road conditions on the Web, before we left.  The first 15-20 miles were a little slick, but we made it there & back in one piece.  We did have to change our route, a little bit.  We ended up going North to Windsor, then across Hwy. 52 to Hwy. 65.  Once we got on Hwy. 65, it was smooth sailing.

The Deer Classic was packed!  I guess a lot of people who didn't make it Saturday, showed up Sunday.  The exhibits were great, and we had a great time.  I saw some MASSIVE racks - Wow...

Chairman

Reaction score
I did buy a new turkey vest - Primo's "Run-N-Gun Turkey Bandoleer".  Pockets, pockets & more pockets!  I don't know if it's a new product, but I've never seen one before.  I also bought some new turkey mouth calls - which I've never tried using before.

Now, that's ironic - I left the Deer Classic with some new "Turkey" gear....

The only thing I noticed that was "new", was an elevated deer blind.  It was made of some sort of black "plastic"(?), with sliding windows.

Oh yeah - there was something I'd never seen before, that was actually deer hunting oriented.  It looked like a HUGE sleeping bag.  It was designed to hang your deer in, so you didn't have to worry about warm weather/insects, etc..  I guess it had some cooling/thermal qualities?  I was having a hard time negotiating the crowd, so I didn't get any information.  It looked as though it would take, at least, 2 persons to handle it.  But, it would be handy for those warm weather hunting seasons - like last year - if it worked.....

Top Bottom