Missourian JHPers

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
That may or not be possible for me, I work more weekends than I have off (retail) also work every dang holiday too....usually have 2 days together off during the week...but sometimes have split days off.....just have to play it when it happens....possibly just a driveby type deal for me on the weekend.

StringShooter

Reaction score
I'm going to have to play any date by ear. With bowseason coming into full gear and football season starting (Rams season ticket holder) I'll try my best. Does anyone reside anywhere near the Mark Twain Lake area? I'm up there alot during the end of October and almost all of November and some of December.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It's hard for me to make long range plans too and am afraid it'll be a 2 or 3 day decission on whether or not I can make it,  even if it was this w/e I'd not know yet....

may have to change my handle to Fickle Huh!

Tinhorn

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Passthru,

I'll be back bowhunting that week. A couple buddies and I have been hitting Fountain Grove CA up in North  central Missouri. It's a bow only area and they close a lot of it off on Oct 15th for the waterfowl guys. Plenty of deer and turkeys with some bomber bucks running in the swampy areas.

If you didn't want to hunt there is good camping and plenty of hikng areas in the CA.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
  oooohhh,i would love to come up and do some hunting/camping,meet you,since these guys are going to be a stick in the mud:rofl-yellow:ill try very hard to make it,when it gets close to time ill get directions from you so i can find you once i get there.

See guys,you need to clear up that weekend and meet the man,you can always call off from work or other engagements,you will be sick you know:roll-wink-green:

Chairman

Reaction score
Whatever date y'all decide on (Truman Lake), I'll make it a point to do a drive-by.  I'd love to hunt with ya', but since I have to use a 4-wheeler to get around in the woods, it doesn't seem feasible.  Too much restrictions & red tape to drive a 4-wheeler on public land.....  This is exactly why I have my own hunting property.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Chairman,
If we can decide fairly early on when this get together may occur, I can at least make it up for the day. I'll hang out with ya' if some poeple are out hunting. I have plenty of time to hunt, but it would be nice to meet everyone, even if its for the day.

Passthru & Jesse, if you figure out a date let us know and I can try and change a day at work and drive up for a day.

SUPER R

Reaction score
   PASSTHRU,
   Count me in.  Can I ride in your new truck?  I promise I'll wipe my feet off.

SUPER R.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Are we talking about two differant get together places now? I'd like to try and make it to at least one of them if not both. I found a pdf file with a brochure on the Fountain CA. Just wondering what method of hunting you use Jesse in October. The brochure says that only portable stands are allowed from Sept 15-Jan 31. Do you spot and stalk, or still hunt there?
:target:

(Edited by Hideandwatch at 7:43 pm on Aug. 8, 2002)

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hide,

I'm a still hunter but my buddies have several stands each they hang. We take several does each year, a turkey or 2 and hopefully one of us will get a shot on one of them big bucks. Last year Kenny came close to one biggun. The deer come out of the swamps/timber at night to feed on the corn and crops. The stands are placed on travel routes. You'll see tracks up there that will weaken your knees.

It's all bow at Fountain Grove. We also bounce over to Yellow Creek CA if the scouting looks good. Bow only there too.

I'll be back the week before gun season also to bow hunt so if anyone wants to do a hunt then just holler.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Jesse,
I'm a still hunter too. "Still" trying to get that BIG buck :leering:

It's nice going to the bow only CA areas. I tell people all the time that there are great places to bow hunt on public ground. You just need to get out and find them. The corps ground along Mark Twain Lake borders my lease and is loaded with deer.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 SuperR ill go one better you drive.
Jesse let me know when you come down and ill make a trip up to do some hunting,maybe we could move the meet to the campground there,I may have to miss a day of work but hey,thats what phones are for.im unfamiliar with the area,can you give directions to campgrounds near where you hunt?
 If we can all decide on a date to get together and a place it sounds as if we could have some fun,Chairman i dont even care if i hunt,just meeting everyone would be a great time.
i think i get to meet Tinhorn today if i can reach his cell,he is in town hehehe maybe ill talk him into a electronics course.
 What i really need is a good time for everyone then ill make a drive and secure spots for camping,and be able to provide directions so it will be easy for everyone to find.being single i have time to arrange things for the meet.

By the way,aint this guy cool :dancin-cool:   LOL

(Edited by Passthru at 1:01 am on Aug. 9, 2002)

Top Bottom