model 19 NRA Savage 22 rifle

mr sunset

I got this 22 rifle from my grandfather, it's in great shape but im have a problem with the magazine. this is a magazine (holds 5) bolt action rifle. the rim of a top bullet will catch the rim of the under bullet in the mag. and lock up the cycle. I have loaded it slow and precise to make sure each bullet is aligned proper, but it will still overlap in the magazine. not every time but when it does I have to drop the mag. push the lower bullet down to release the top bullet. why?

Where's Bruce?

Never experienced anything such as what you desribe but my 1st thought was try different ammo and see if the same thing happens. If so, then talk to the gun shops about alternative magazines and call the Mfr to see if they have a resolution. If it's a common concern they may already have a fix in play. G'luck!

mr sunset

Never experienced anything such as what you desribe but my 1st thought was try different ammo and see if the same thing happens. If so, then talk to the gun shops about alternative magazines and call the Mfr to see if they have a resolution. If it's a common concern they may already have a fix in play. G'luck!
This a very old rifle, I wonder if savage still has some info on it. thanks for the input.

Top Bottom