Montana Deer Zones-Where to go?

CATManReid

Reaction score
Looking to put in for a muley tag in Montana this year. First time I've ever put in out of state and am looking for a few ideas for some zones to apply to. Any help would be great fellas. Thanks in advance.

CATManReid

Reaction score
The way I read it canyoncrosser is "The deadlines to apply for FWP’s special drawings are May 1 for moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat; and June 1 for elk, deer and antelope. " Got that right off of the website. Here's the link:

http://fwp.mt.gov/news/article_5413.aspx

So, in that case, back to my question. What zone(s) to apply for? Thanks fellas.

DFGELK

Reaction score
Unless you already drew your deer tag in the main drawing then you can not put in for the June special hunt drawing. I am guessing you did not put in for the first drawing. This round of drawing is for special hunts for those who already received a tag or who are residents. You can still apply for antelope in the June drawing or a B deer permit (usually an antlerless tag). Good Luck

Joe

CATManReid

Reaction score
Joe, you're alright. Thanks for your help. Antlerless would be good for me. Just looking to fill the freezer and extend my hunting season. CA deer this fall, possibly MT deer too, and wild pig ANYTIME! Thanks again Joe, I appreciate it.

Huntin Fool

Reaction score
Reid wus up man this is kenny, didn't know you were on here. Im going to D8 maybe joe as well are you gonna go??

CATManReid

Reaction score
KENNY!!! Not going to D8. Buying a D7 tag as I have permission to hunt on some private land in Oakhurst that has some monsters on it. Friend of mine hunted it last two years and pulled two 4 pointers out of it. Plus, pigs and lots of yotes on the same property. Hunting A zone too. Hunter liggett if you are interested.

Huntin Fool

Reaction score
that sounds like a good deal, hopefully you'll pull out a four pointer as well. Who you going to liggett with? I haven't been back since new years and i dont think i can hunt it this year. Maybe coalinga or another spot because I'm joining the Fresno County Sheriffs Reserve so it will take up most saturdays, that means i gotta hunt close to home. Oh and where did you hunt in D8 got any tips?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom