Montana is up

deadducks

Reaction score
Me and my buddy got drawn for the Big Game Combo.

We bought a 5-day mule deer hunt at a 5000 acre Judith River ranch. Anybody know anything about this place and what we can expect?

Also if you think we can find elk within a resonable drive distance from there?

Any help is much appreciated.

I am pumped

Dan

deadducks

Reaction score
Bought it at a CDA dinner a couple years ago.

I think a couple guys from here have gone on the hunt and a couple more are waiting to be drawn still.

Dan

chap_dog48

Reaction score
Right on Dan, I know nothing about the ranch but all I know is you are hunting in MONTANA, SWEET! I remember when you won that hunt at the CDA banquet. They had a turkey hunt auctioned off for that place this year. Should be cool. Good luck. Kurt

Whoadog

Reaction score
Dan,
My hunt starts on Nov. 8, if you give me your contact information before I leave for Montana I will share any information from my hunt with you.

Brian

deadducks

Reaction score
Brian,

For sure. I hunt right after you. 13th-18th. I called this morning and two others already had the last two weeks booked.

I guess this place must get hunted pretty hard for the duration of the season there (Oct. 26th-Nov.30th). Seems like all the weeks have been booked.

How many are in your party? Two in mine.

Dan

Whoadog

Reaction score
Yeah I totally blew it. I got my application last week and waited until today to call because I figured we still had to wait to draw the specific unit and figured nothing would be booked until that was firmed up, I figured wrong. I doubt anybody has waited longer, I bought my hunt in July 05. I was just calling to touch base when I found out three other parties have already booked dates.
There will be two of us, we hunt pretty hard so if the deer are there we should be fine, there will probably be much more rutting activity when you are there. I would love to help you guys with my experience on the property after my hunt.

Brian

deadducks

Reaction score
Brian,

Sounds great.

What application? I have not received anything.

I looked mine up on line and saw that we had been drawn (successful). I think once your drawn for general (elk/deer) you are in and do not have to draw anything else. At least thats how I understand it, but I am not sure.

Dan

Whoadog

Reaction score
Well I am not sure either, the way I understand it you have to put in for unit 426, but it appears that you will also draw it no problem. They sent me a big game booklet and an application that is due by June 2 and of course they want another $5 for the "permit". Please tell me if you interpret this different.

Brian

deadducks

Reaction score
I will let you know when/if I receive the application.

Man now you got me worried. Did you apply online or paper mail?

Dan

Top Bottom