• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Moose hunting in NH & ME

henmar77

What are my chances of getting drawn for a Moose tag in New Hamshire or Maine? Any one been lucking enough to get one here? was thinking about planning a trip next year.

DuckFever

No idea, but that would be an amazing hunt. Moose is one type of game I've always wanted to pursue. Good luck getting drawn, I'd say it's worth the application fee no matter what, just so long as you have SOME chance of getting drawn.

Vermonster

Why not add Vermont to that list? People tend to overlook the moose hunting there. My Dad's buddy has drawn twice as a non-resident, and got a big one (850 lbs +/-) one time. I believe the draw odds may be better too than either Maine or New Hampshire.

My cousin drew her second tag in Maine this year, and got her second moose. But, she's a resident, so it's easier for her.

Here's a link to New H.
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Hunting/Moose_hunt/moose_lottery_stats.pdf

Vermont is roughly 4% draw odds for non-res.

Maine is about 1 in 700..................

Top Bottom