howerton26

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what thier guess is on the spread of this buck and what they might think it would score?  And another ? do you think this buck will continue to come around on a regular basis like he does now come october.  thanks for your replies.

http://community.webshots.com/user/howerton26

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
howerton26,

It's tuff to judge the spread on either buck(need a picture with a more staight on view), but I would say the one in the foreground is at least 18-20", but that is just my guess, either case, they are very nice buck. As long as your providing feed, I would think they will hang out until bow season (not legal here in PA..must stop baiting 30 days prior to the season) as long as you keep your visits/scent to a minimum. I have a situation right now where I have some really nice buck visiting my stand, but I have been visiting the stand to check my camera twice a week, and I think I have spooked them from the area.  I pulled my camera, and won't be back, I know they are there and using the area, so I am going to stay away for the remainder of the summer. Nice buck, post some frontal shots if you have, or get any. Thanks for posting.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Have you taken any pics during the daytime of the bucks? That could be a better clue on where they are bedding and if it's on your property.

Most bucks will begin to change their habits as soon as they shed their velvet . For instance, a buck that visited a bean field all summer on a regular basis will all of a sudden become more reclusive. Where he once would feed and travel during daylight hours, he now will turn mainly nocturnal. I don't think they just disapear or leave your area. They just do what old, smart bucks do to get as big as they do. I would find the cover - bedding areas that those bucks are using and if you bow hunt, get after them early.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you start to see less activity or not see them at all as soon as those big boys shed their headgear. You may think that they left your area but they are just being more cautious.

Just my opinion.

glen71

Reaction score
The bigger buck appears to be about 20" inside. Without seeing his mass (without velvet), it is hard to judge his score, but I would think it would be in the range of 145 to 150+ B&C. I'm having trouble seeing the 11th and 12th points, though.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Great Bucks!!!! That bigger one looks to be 18" - 20". It is hard to tell without a straight on shot. Most deer here in TN are 16 1/2" from ear tip to ear tip. This is just a good referance that I use to field judge a deer.If you have a deer mounted or know someone who does take a tape measure and see what it is in your area. I know in Canada its 18" to 19" ear tip to tip.LOL

jayber

Reaction score
I was thinking ~20" as well.  I too could only count 10 points.  Certainly, 12 would score better.  Be careful not to overdo your activity in the area and force him nocturnal.  Good luck baggin' him and share the pictures when you do!

>>------>

Beerdonga

Reaction score
I agree with everybody else that the spread is right around 20 inches, but it will be hard to score him till the velvet comes off. He does look pretty symetrical though.

pietromarc

Reaction score
howerton26
Very nice Buck! I have to whipe the drool of my bottom lip now!
How deep into the woods was this buck and your feeder?
keep an eye open for his distinctive rubs!

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Wow what a great buck!!  If you could make a hunting suit that looks like a racoon you'd bag him for sure!

Top Bottom