More Deer footage

Curtiss

Reaction score
(Edited by Curtiss at 1:03 pm on Mar. 24, 2002)

(Edited by Curtiss at 9:28 am on Mar. 28, 2002)

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Great footage Curtiss!!! i like,Keep them coming.They sure do notice though dont they.

MBullism

Reaction score
I really enjoy the clips, curtiss.  Please keep 'em coming!  No doubt they can see it, that's classic "what the he!! is that?" posturing.  If the cam is as quiet as you say, then they can definately see the "light"

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Cool video. What kind of cam are you using? Keep it up. MC.

TmKarren

Reaction score
Great footage.  I was wondering if the infra light would work.  Good job..

gizz

Reaction score
Nice clip Curtiss.
I need to get mine out again but waiting for things to warm up a bit around here (PA). I use a VHS-C corder in mine and although it works good, cold weather hampers the quality a bit.

Curtiss

Reaction score
MCinIL, the video camera that I use is the 8mm sony camcorder, and the Sony digital camcorder.
________________________________________________________________________________
_

TmKarren, the video that you have seen, was taken with infrared.
________________________________________________________________________________
__

Giz, I will be happy for you, when you can get yours back out. I used the VHS-C on one of my systems, but mine didn't work as well in the cold either. Warm weather is around the corner, and be sure to post some of your video.

Curtiss

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Great Video Curtiss

Have you tried taking the lens off and seeing if they notice the infrared light.  Seems like they are zeroed in on the unit even before the light comes on they are staring at it.  Any noise inside that might be alerting them.  I know my Sony video system makes noise turning on and the servo that moves the night shot also makes noise.

Just curious.  Great stuff keep it coming. I plan on posting some myself once I finish redesigning the stuff with a PIC.  It can control the entire unit by itself.  Day light dark servo you name it.

jayber

Reaction score
Cool video again Curtiss!  Say, is there a way to make the clips downloadable for viewing?  Running at 56K my media player has to buffer a lot and the video doesn't come across very well.  Just curious...

Curtiss

Reaction score
Hey Jayber,  
   When it starts to load, go to your file button and hit export to file. Have a new file made on your desktop, or my documents. Give the new file a name so that you will remember what it is. You can save it to media player that you are viewing it on. Just hit the add button.
   Curtiss

(Edited by Curtiss at 11:57 am on Mar. 26, 2002)

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Nice video! Looks like your IR array is pretty bright in the center. You should try  making some remote IR floodlights, to see if the deer look at the camera, or the lights. Did you say 300 watts? Thats alot of IR light!

Curtiss

Reaction score
The lighting system isn't on the video system box. The vidio system is approx. 125 feet in Back of the infrared light system. The pir and the light are together. The camcorder is zoomed in for the video. The camera is hidden well in the back ground. Only the lense cover is in the open, and it is hard to see. If someone were to walk up and get closer to the pir, it will trigger the video camera, and I will have them on Video.
   A young man was caught while stealing one of my camera,s (35mm) last year, as he walked by the video sensor. He walked on by, but I was able to tell who it was in the video. I told Jesse about this last year. I was going to post the video here of him, but the lawyer told me it might be best not to. He was convicted in Court to pay for the lost time that I didn't have the system plus 1 year of probation. Also, later he was charged with a stolen 4 wheeler that was later recovered. He was using the 4 wheeler to come into our hunting club.

Curtiss

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Curtiss, Great video, I need to make me one of those. I have someone stealing my gates and posts on my property it sure would be nice to catch them on tape. Thanks for sharing.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom