More pics

clutchkiller

Reaction score
Here are couple of pictures from today (8/05/06)...... yeah, they're butterflies

An almost

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
These are awesome shots CK...love the color and dof. I havent had the chance to shoot any butterflies yet with my Z740, but your shots make me want to even more now. There is a butterfly display coming up at the local botanical garden (live butterflies) and I hope to go do what they call "walk with the butterflies" and get some shots. Is this just at full optical, or did you add the oly T-con teleconverter?

clutchkiller

Reaction score
Thanks Hideandwatch, the pictures were taken full optical (auto setting), most of the pictures I took today came out like the one below with a little of a wing out of the frame (I think I was trying to get too close). My Z740 drives me crazy because it seems to have a mind of its own... some days are ok, and others, there is nothing I can do to get a picture in focus.

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
clutch, I am truely impressed! great captures. I really like the first one the best. I like the large chunks of color and how they fill the frame.
I dont think you have to be too concerned with keeping the subject inside the frame either. There are times when your portions of your subject can extend outside the frame and still look great. (composition will have to be creative though). Often one can run into this type of scenario when shooting a prime (eg no zooming or framing).

Top Bottom