more questions...=)

Diegoluv

Reaction score
hey guys.  I was wondering if you have to make reservations for the bird hunts in imperial valley or do you just go out on opening day.  Also, how much does it cost to hunt?  
Are there any guides with dogs for quail hunting out there?  I know there are a lot of questions but I just have no clue about California hunting.  My girlfriends father has a hunting plantation here in Dublin, GA so I never had to go price anything or research places to go.  Thanks for the help!

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Diegoluv,

No reservations required, plenty of area to hunt.  You'll need a hunting license ($30) and an Upland Game Bird stamp ($7) for dove, quail, pheasants.  Might be some quail guides, but don't know of any.  Ask all the questions you want, we're happy to help.  My question for you is, with a potential father-in-law owning a plantation, what in the world would make you move back to the granola state?  Heck, if you leave that little lady back in Georgia, there may be some JHPers that will move back to Georgia just for a shot at her and daddy's plantation. :smile-big-blue:

Regards,
Paul

Diegoluv

Reaction score
haha...well I am moving back to san diego because I have a full ride to SDSU.  I dont have any family out here except for her.  Besides...she is moving with me back to san diego.  I am definetly comming back to GA for the whitetail season though when I am out of school!  I guess I will have to try and swindle one of my father in laws pointers for san diego!

EVAN III

Reaction score
  DegioLuv,
Welcome to Jesse's, you've found the best site there is for hunting CA. Anywhere for that matter. Well stick around and enjoy. Oh ya, congrats on the full ride!!

EVAN III

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Last time I heard there is was about 575,000 acres of land used for ag puposes.  There is definately no shortage of areas to hunt.  There really isn't much homework to be done to have an extremely successful hunt in the valley, but if you can find a melon field or maybe a corn field, you've hit the honey hole.  Most of the fields in the area are alfalfa, Imperial Valley is the #1 producer of alfalfa in the world.  There is an increasing amount of cattle and sheep in the valley, so with them come feed lots.  Feed lots are good for some exciting and fast shooting.

We definatey will need to organize a JHP dove hunt this year.  Combo it with a 'yote hunt at night.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom