Morro Bay anti's are fired up again

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
But good thing the Commission held their ground!

If you didn't have a chance to attend the recent F&G Commission meeting, you can listen to it via this link:

http://216.69.165.131/Video_Files/CF...G_06-08-03.wmv

The cliff note version is that the residents of the two communities - and as the hippie from Morro Bay wanted to make clear – “the plethora of individuals” are no longer divided on how to combat the hunting of Morro Bay. They are now united and fully against any hunting on the Bay. They addressed the commission about eliminating hunting completely, but the commission would have none of it. After she spoke, Hattoy began to comment – and I thought he was going to pledge his complete support to her. To the contrary, he made a great point to the hippie from Morro Bay that you can’t just rehash the same issue and expect the commission to expect any validity to your comment. Basically, you made an argument last year, it didn’t work, don’t bring it again this year and expect us to change our minds. Commissioner Rogers then interrupted Commissioner Hattoy and made an excellent point (and basically chastised the hippie from Morro Bay) about pressing the commissioners to “remove rights (hunting) from someone for philosophical reasons, not technical reasons”. Commissioner Kellogg was “a little perturbed that us as a commission are going back and revisiting something on a decision that we already made based on one persons opinion that doesn’t agree with it . . . the issue is over with and dead”.

Unfortunately, the battle with the rest of the hippies from Morro Bay is going to get contentious. Their argument is weak, but they show up in huge numbers. They must be outnumbered. I know they don’t have jobs so it makes it easier for them to go, but heck – take a vacation day and spend the weekend in Santa Barbara with the little lady- that’s what I’m going to do!

easymoney

Reaction score
This is another in a long line of personal motives by newly arrived liberal anti hunters who have come to Morro Bay in recent years. The one individual backing this latest attack has a very personal agenda. She runs a kayak rental business and she claims her clients object to the hunting and noise. She like many who have moved here in recent years, are like those who buy homes next to airports then want to close those airports because they don't like the noise... No one forced them to move to our county and no one forced them to buy their homes next to the bay we all have hunted and used for decades. This issue will only get worse as more and more of these "now that I'm here- not in my back yarders" keep coming. They come from the big city to the south and bring their personal agendas with them, better get used to it.
Morro Bay used to be great waterfowl hunting and almost all the bay was open to hunting.

Gotdux

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Stop Global Whining...[/b]
Won't these anti's give it a rest...so antagonistic!
Guys have been hunting morro bay for decades i'm sure the whole problem is being caused by some jerk that likes to sleep in on weekdays...

easymoney

Reaction score
As I said above, the "new" main protaginist is a business owner who rents kayaks and wants no competion from the hunters using this public water way. Simple as that...

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
she also claims to be a biologist, but when asked by the Commission about her credentials, she folded and said she "took some classes".

easymoney

Reaction score
She is basically a self serving whiner, who would love to keep "everyone" but her clients off the bay... I believe, this is her third year of whining and stirring up the mud trying to get ALL hunting banned, period.

davkrat

Reaction score
Legally it's called comming to the nuisance. Where I have livd in the Central Valley a common one is with vineyards. These idiots think it would be great to live on a nice ittle vineyard and have a house built in the middle of a bunch of grapes nd then start complaining about the sulfur and dust!!! I think when you finish high school you should be brafted into a public service where you are forced to clean up after yourself and others and find out where your food comes from. You know spend a year fixing roads, growing crops etc. Pepole in cities just have no freaking clue and it makes me sick!

easymoney

Reaction score
dav,
It's called the airport syndrome... Buy a house near an airport, then complain later about the flights.
This gal is not going away and I fear that the hunting in Morro Bay has seen it's day. I have friends who own land along the bay, where they once walked out their back doors(for decades) and hunted the many ducks and geese there. Now they get assaulted by the PETA/ANTI's who paddle right into their spreads(in this gals rental kayaks) and then claim they have been shot. Just you wait, it's going to get even more heated...
What makes it worse DFG has only very confusing written descriptions of the boundries, where in years past they posted very visible yellow signs. Many of my friends have just given up trying to deal with it all...

Top Bottom