Mossy Oak in Nelsonville,Oh closed!

FTTPOW

Reaction score
I was in Nelsonville,Oh this past weekend and made my ritual stop at Mossy Oak.  The place was cleaned out and closed up.  I heard that they drug up about two months ago.  There is talk about some sort of tie-in with Rocky Boots, also in Nelsonville, for now anyway.  Does anyone know the skinny on what happened?  Where's the next closest Mossy Oak store?  

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Is the Rocky outlet still there?  I usually make a ritual stop there also each year before THE SEASON begins.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
The Rocky Outlet Store is still there.  It has moved from the new building built about 5 years ago, to the old one across the street.  Downstairs is for discontinued items at a real deal.  The outlet for seconds is upstairs.  Quite a bit drab, but the deals are still there.  The new building is for 1st quality items at retail prices.  Word I got from Rocky several months ago, is that they will remain as is.  The big change is that their boots will now be made overseas.  What a shame!  Another U.S. business goes overseas for cheaper labor, but hopefully not cheaper quality.  I have a free 20 year supply of boots coming from them and still have 15 years to go.  That's not the only reason, though.  The local economy doesn't need that kind of hit, especially now.  
 As for Mossy Oak, I don't know if they had a tie-in with Rocky, or if their change of operation had anything to do with them closing the store or not.

ohhunter

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to hear about mossy oak. I was going to stop in there before the season started . I need a new pair of bibs . I'll have to pick some up at the turkey expo nest week.I hunt about ten or so miles from nelsonville.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
ohhunter,  what direction? I'm near Athens.

ohhunter

Reaction score
I do alot of my hunting NE of logan. There's a lot of turks there.Me and my dad fill our tags two each every year.I'am 42 and my dads 63 I just got him in to turkey hunting three years ago . Man all he use's is a mouth call and calls them in every year. WE don't have turkey's were we live in fayette co. well not to many NWTF is trying.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
I never hunted that area, but I've ridden in and around the Wayne on a dirt bike for years. I used to hunt west of Logan, til we got crowded out back in '77.  Maybe that's cause I took a 153" 10 pt out of there! Used to hunt around Zaleski and know some of Vinton Co as well as anywhere I've been. Not may turkeys in Auglaize Co. so I go where the game is.  

ohhunter

Reaction score
Hey FTTPOW we do hunt some state land in that area.on rainy days is best it keeps them all home.we just got 800 acre's of private land to hunt two weeks ago .just down the road. we seen 8 big toms feeding with this guys cows so we stoped.I told the farmer that I lay carpet for a living . He ask me what I charge I said not A DIME. he said take my 4x4 back and check it out. Man I can't wait.

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
I've hunted opening day at the Mead Experamental Forest in Vinton County every year for the past 12 years.  It's one of my favorite places and the Mead people couldn't be any better to the hunters.  Every year they designate camping areas along the logging roads just for campers.  We used to be able to camp anywhere but hunters took advantage of the situation and trashed the place out.  I can't bleieve how ungrateful and un-sportmanlike some hunters can be.  They brought their 4 wheelers in and caused big ruts in the woods and naturally it caused some serious erosion.  They would poop and wizz in 5 gal. buckets and leave the bucket for the Mead people to clean up.  Some would even dump their buckets in the middle of the logging road.  Can you imagine how nice it was to walk to your hunting spot in the wee hours of the morning.  Some of the hunters got really mad because The Mead management cracked down on that kind of behavior but now it's very nice place to hunt.

Shew! I got long winded, sorry.

ohhunter

Reaction score
Hey Bald Eagle I do some hunting in Vinton county. I got a nice bird there last year. Sit up before light they was gobbling all morning. got him about three hour's after  that.When I went to leave walking out there was corn all over the ground. some one was feeding them .Man I had to get out of there didn't want the fine's you no what I mean?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom