Mother and Child

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
I found some great whitetail action this morning. This one might be my favorite though. I photographed them right next to the parking lot as I was leaving. I'll post some nice bucks later today/tonight in the whitetail forum.

clutchkiller

Reaction score
Great picture Chris
<---- envy

edit- BTW, thanks for the book suggestion

foulshot

Reaction score
Great Composition Chris! Did you take that with the new lens?

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
clutch, glad you liked the book. I found it very helpful just for getting my mind around how the photo selling process works. Otherwise, I would have looked like (or sounded like) an obvious noob who didnt know what I was doing (well, that is what I am.. but at least it isnt as obvious)

Yes Zach, that is the new (to me) 70-300mm lens. specs on that shot are 1/400sec, f/9, ISO800. The lens does pretty good, especially considering the price that I paid ($200). I still have some bigger glass (400) on the radar though.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
This is a great photograph Chris. A perfect example of how the eye will normally take you from the left to the right across a photo. This one definately does it for me. thanks for posting.

foulshot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lan-lord @ Aug 5 2006, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I still have some bigger glass (400) on the radar though.[/b]
You and me and probably most everyone here! My #1 on the wish list is the Canon 500mm f/4, but that might take me a little bit.

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
I posted this one in the whitetail forum, but here it is again. I struggled with post-processing this one. Basically I ended up leaving the photo alone, besides cropping in a little tighter, and brightening the levels some.

Top Bottom