Moultrie Feeders Camera Woes

SAHALL

Reaction score
My nephew recieved a Moultrie Feeders camera for Christmas and has had problems from the get go. When you set up the camera, turn the aim light on, and the sensor triggers the light instantly. Now turn the aim light off and the camera on, walk 5 feet in front of the camera and nothing happens. Stay there for about 20 seconds and it will take you picture. After that first time, the sensor works fine and fast. Some reason, it takes too long the first time. I have charged (and checked) the battery. Even if you do not use the aim light first, the same problem occurs.
Any ideas?

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Turn on the aim light and wait for it to go out,then flip it to cam mode and try it,wait 30 seconds before you walk in front of it and see if it still goes off on its own like before,if not then trigger it and see how long it takes.It sounds like the PIR needs to warm up just like the ones we build at here.

Archilochus

Reaction score
With the exception of a few "high-end" security PIRs and a couple fancy IC PIR controllers, all basic PIRs require some "warm-up" or "settling" time.  Time can range from 30 seconds to several minutes depending upon circuit design and temperature.

Archilochus

swampfox

Reaction score
i had one of these and took it back. picture quality was ok,but not like the pf. also didnt work real well on picking up motion. animals had to come within 10 feet of this thing to make it work. i was not impressed. also the enclosure is not weatherproof and would get some water inside as well as every kind of bug in the woods. get your money back!

SAHALL

Reaction score
I found my problem. This unit has a day / night switch. We had it set to night only and were trying to test it in the daylight!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom