Moultrie Game Cam 2

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
I noticed this review on another forum of the Moultrie Game Cam 2 that's selling for like $98 at some Wal-Marts(and ~$129 at Cabelas). This is from a first time user:

"Finally got some results. My opinion is, for the money, it isn't a bad unit, but I don't think it will hold up very long. Mine has gotten water in the casing and a worm and roach made a home in it. The roach had babies too, so I had lot of roaches.

Picture-wise, it works. I got a pic of a buck and hog and a number of blanks. Don't know why i got the blanks but it looks like it was sun related. The night pics did not come out very well, even with 800 speed film and a flash. Not sure why but they were poor.

My vote, spend a little more and get better quality."

I think he should have taken that money and made himself a good ole HOMEBREW!!

Welby

Reaction score
I just saw this camera at our local Walmart - $98.42!!!!!  WOW!!!  Not a bad looking unit either.

Looks like the industry has gotten the message.

rmightymite

Reaction score
I also just ordered the game cam. Hope it works out ok wanted one for a while but didnt want to wrap a ton of money in one to find it gone when I went to pick it up! What do you guys use to seal the home made camaras with? Have not gotton mine yet so I dont know if I need to modify the seal or not. Take care and I will post how it works after I have used it a few times.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Welby >> It's hard to think they can make them so cheap. Nice to see it though.

I had a chance to play with a Moultrie camera last year. I assume it was the Moultrie #1.

Anyway, what I found was the camera went into a sleep mode, and depending on how long you had the delay set you might get blank pics. Here was my thinking.

Camera goes to sleep mode, animal comes by and cam wakes up but by the time it was ready to take a pic the game may be out of site picture Poof, picture of nothing. If nothing comes by again and the cam goes to sleep, the same scenerio can keep happening. Hence pictures of nothing. But every now and then something would walk by while it was still "awake" and he'd get a pic.

A friend of mine had one but sent it back and has since built a homebrew.

Top Bottom