Moultrie Game Cam II Alert

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I've received a few complaints on this camera already. For some reason the housing DOES NOT have any glass in front of the camera, it's WIDE open. This lets in the water and bugs as we all have found.

If you know anyone considering this cam because of it's low low price, please let them know they'll need to improvise some glass to seal off the front of the housing. I'm guessing they'lll need 2 pieces of glass since 1 piece will allow the flash to bleed into the shutter. They'll also need to seal the unit up and use soemthing between the 2 pieces of glass to stop the flash bleed.

Wonder who the engineer is who signed off on this unique housing? I bet the returns are going to swamp Moultrie.

bat

Reaction score
I saw one of those last week a friend of mine had...was watching out for it for a fellow member of his club that lives in Fla.  He was suppose to keep the film changed for him but it kind of like wasn't working so good if you know what I mean.  I agree it is not sealed very well at all.  The Camera itself I think was made just for their setup...turns on in their controls some way.  The pir didn't seem to be picking up on it.  Very cheap looking setup.....sorry Moultrie folks but it didn't impress me at all.  Just my opinion.  bat

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Now, now Jesse, this is probibly a case of NO engineer being involved, and probibly no one with any common since.

Since Moultree is in the lime lite here, here's another beef with one of their products. I bought a feeder last saterday that's supposed to feed at dawn and dusk. Sounds good, but dusk is not dusk, its when it gets dark. Really great to condition the deer to come to the feeder when they're safe and no shooting lite. PETA must love um.  :clean-ears:

thehairlessone

Reaction score
i cant believe  they would even sell one like that. Talk about stupid. Probly everyone of them will be returned.

rick

thehairlessone

Reaction score
i finally checked out one of these at walmart today. Talk about crap! There is NOTHING to seal off the camera from the weather. It has a circular part of the camera sticking up to the hole for the box and that is it. The camera looked cheap. Everything looked prettty cheap. No way i would buy one of those.

rick

passgas55

Reaction score
****** ,try and put a piece of window tint over your light sensor and your feeder will work later in the morning and ealier in the evening.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Wonder if the camera itself is weather proof?

Tinhorn

thehairlessone

Reaction score
I suppose it is possible but i would doubt it. It looked very cheap and it didnt look waterproof in any way.

rick

bradj

Reaction score
I have the regular moultree cam and it didn't come sealed up and it worked fine what it seems they did was just redesign the box to look like the other cameras, but the wide open part is a screw up. well I have had a few minor problems with my camera the biggest being that the rechargable 6 volt won't hold a charge anymore and there is not room for a regular 6 volt so I bought a 4 dollar pistol case and made my own box  and now it looks like the II cam and it works great its easy to do. So you can buy one and make your own case pretty easily.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone want to buy a piece of junk and modify it when they could spend less money and build a much better cam in the beginning. Something must be eluding me.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Well one thing for sure,if you dont have glass you dont have to worry about flash bleed.

Top Bottom