Moultrie Game Cam

Dave52

Reaction score
I just unpacked my new Moultrie Game Cam and found the instructions and explanations a bit lacking. ÊI discovered a 6 volt gel cell battery and charger enclosed, but no instructions as to the charging time. (10-12 hrs. I assume?) ÊAlso, from what I can tell, the imprint on the picture can be ONLY and EITHER the date of the exposure OR the time of the exposure. ÊNot both, right? ÊAlso am I correct in thinking that if I have the time showing in the window on the back of the camera that that is what will be imprinted on the picture and if the date is in the camera window, then that is what will be imprinted? I wish more complete instructions were available as I do not want to waste time/money making avoidable mistakes. ÊI would appreciate hearing from anyone with some experience with this camera.

By the way, I am a new member to this group and am very pleased to be one.

(Edited by Dave52 at 4:12 pm on Aug. 9, 2001)

gizz

Reaction score
Dave,
First off, Welcome to the BBS.
Most of us have homebrew cameras that we've built and tailored to our needs although some have purchased commercial units. I would assume (but not sure) the battery charger is of the trickle variety and thus charging for an extended period of time shouldn't hurt.
On the date imprint, must of us use the canon sure shot owl cameras that allow several settings. I use "day/time". What type of camera is yours(mfg/model)?
Personally if I purchased a commercial unit and had no instructions someone would be getting a phone call. Even the one's we make aren't 100% straightforward. I made 2 for my brother in law and he's called me several times about the operation of the unit.
Yes, i'm definately thinking I would call them or maybe visit their website for help!
Let us know how you make out and then go get some pics so we can see em.

Dave52

Reaction score
Well, with your prodding, I did get on the phone and received some straight forward answers.  I also mentioned that better instructions were needed and the gentleman I spoke with agreed.  By the way, Moultrie does not appear to have a website.  Thanks for your speedy reply and for your welcome.

Top Bottom