moultrie game cams

whiteshark

Reaction score
does anyone have any feedback on the moultrie game cams...like the 3.1 model and the 4.1 model they make for cabelas..I'm in the process of making a homebrew, but would also like a decent commercially built one....How are the leaf rivers and bushnells???

lugnut

Reaction score
bushnell's stink. i bought one and took it back. leaf river are pretty good from what i hear. i had a cuddeback 3mp and i worked very well.

i would use the money to build another homebrew. that's just me though

dtrushto

Reaction score
My moultrie 3.1mp model is the same as my moultrie 1.3mp model----both of them need 2 walkby's before they take a picture. And quality of the pictures is also extremely better on my 1.3mp than my 3.1mp. I would also build a homebrew before I ever bought a commercial one again. I'm working on my 2nd homebrew now---sony S40; cost me 160.00 to build the whole thing!!

inspector

Reaction score
Here is some pics from a GameSpy 2.0 mp 99.0 Walmart model.
Not a bad cam.

Bolink654

Reaction score
Hey thanks inspector!
I just got one a few days ago, from wal-mart, after running all over trying to find one, because they sold out quick around here, and this is what I got:

I thought, now for sure that cant be right, my 1.3 takes WAY better pics. Now I'm sure. Gonna take it back to wal-mart Saturday. I seem to be one of the few that got a good 1.3mp, was hoping I'd be as lucky here. I take it Moultrie... or rather Zoran who appears to be making them, has some pretty bad quality control?

Heres one from the 1.3

Now so long as they have some more in stock...

inspector

Reaction score
That is a big improvement.
If you don't use it try this photo editor from Google called Picasa2. Free.
Try the feature called "I'm feeling lucky"under basic fixes then go to the effects feature and use the sharpen one. In two steps you can improve your pics greatly. For night shots do the same steps but go to tuning and use the highlight feature to lighten up the pic. I've played around with the other programs but this one has worked the best and is by far the easiest.

http://www.download-picasa.net/?OVRAW=pica...;OVMTC=standard

Top Bottom