Mountain lion killed after attacking Vacaville dogs

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Mountain lion killed after attacking Vacaville dogs

VACAVILLE, Calif. (AP) -- A 100-pound mountain lion was killed after attacking two dogs and roaming through a Vacaville neighborhood filled with children.

State Department of Fish and Game officials said they decided to shoot the animal Tuesday after it displayed aggressive behavior and refused to leave the area about 55 miles northeast of San Francisco.

"Trapping was not a possibility here," said agency biologist Patrick Foy. "This was extremely aggressive behavior. It attacked and could have killed two dogs and there were children in the area. When I pulled up there were three kids in the driveway. That made the decision clear."

Foy said the mountain lion was likely looking for food when it came into Kathy Bleasdale's yard, and he warned there may be others doing the same.

Bleasdale's 3-year-old boxers, Sinbad and Ali Baba, suffered cuts after chasing the mountain lion, but they were not seriously wounded in the attack.

"I looked back there and I saw something go up the palm tree," Bleasdale said. "Then it dropped down and I saw that it was a big cat and I said, 'Hey, that's no ordinary house cat."'

xiimpulse

Reaction score
when did this happen? Ya see this is what happens when they close a season

Ponscm

Reaction score
I'm glad no one was hurt, but maybe this is a good thing...  Mountain Lions are finally hitting a little too close to home for those that were likely a huge proponent for "protecting" them.  For those that live in Vacaville and commute to the bay area...it's not someone else's problem anymore, is it?

Top Bottom