Mountain Lion mauls 6-year-old boy in Texas at Big Bend National Park. Puma, cougar

asaxon

Reaction score
Whoa - It was mid day (they just finished lunch at the "lodge"), the lion attacked the child in the mother's arms no less and it had had attacked someone else earlier in the day! I can see why they want to treat the kid for possible rabies - if that cat wasn't rabid, it was very hungry and/or has a very bad attitude.

Last edited:

Sigma

Reaction score
Good thing he had the pocket knife, not like the older couple in northern CA in 2007 that were stabbing the lion with a pen. I recommend a good 3-4" fixed blade at least, when in mountain lion country. http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks_ca.html

While Jim was trying to tear at the face of the cat, Nell says, "Jim was talking to me all through this, and he said, 'I've got a pen in my pocket. Get the pen and jab him in the eye.'" "So I got the pen and tried to put it in his eye, but it didn't want to go in as easy as I thought it would." When the pen bent and became useless, Nell Hamm went back to using the log. "That lion never flinched," she said. "I just knew it was going to kill him."

Last edited:

bpenn

Reaction score
So I got the pen and tried to put it in his eye, but it didn't want to go in as easy as I thought it would."
That quote is interesting. I think that most people are conditioned to think that it is easier to inflict/sustain great injury than it actually is. For instance, most people think that if you get shot or shoot someone, that you're gonna fly backward and die like an action movie. Or if you stab a mountain lion in the eye, it's eye will pop right out or something. Animals (humans too, if they stop thinking) are tougher than most people think. Anyway, my respect to the Dad for being prepared to take care of his family.

Sigma

Reaction score
A knife something like this would have been better:

A1L_4abb7fe1d6129.jpg

Last edited:

Mlindsay

Reaction score
What you do is stick something in it's backside... If possible.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
What you do is stick something in it's backside... If possible.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Now that reply is just ripe for taunting, but I won't go there:rotflmao::lol bashing sign:.

And if this cat doesn't have rabies, it kinda changes this from a "mauling" to something very different; I wonder if we'll hear about the results once the cat is killed and tested.

Orygun

Reaction score
How hard is it to believe that the cart was just hungry and that kid is about right for snacktime? It's a predator and it eats anything it can sink its teeth into and bring down. Cats bring down full grown bull elk, a young kid is a fair piece easier. On the other hand we all make really bad and dumb choices at time in our lives and that cat did not choose wisely.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom