Mountain lion wipes out farm's petting zoo in AZ

Orygun

Reaction score
Or the mountain lion could have been injured and found easy access to food and water at the farm, which is near the Santa Cruz River. Or long-term drought may have slowly made the cat's territory inhabitable.
Or a mature and perfectly healthy lion just found a nice buffet and put more on its plate than it could eat. Always with the excuses that must be something wrong for the lion to have to resort to killing livestock.

FoCoHugh

JHO Team Member
Reaction score
Poor mountain lion. It was a victim of humans. Hunters and developers really.

People may also be affecting the mountain lions' prey by over-hunting deer in a given area, or by draining water sources.

arizona hunter

Reaction score
My cousing lives in Eastern AZ on about 5 acres, his little place is up against a mostly dry creek and National forest. They are always complaining about bobcats and coyotes and rarely a MT Lion killing their chickens.:( He traps and shoots as many as he can :smiley-mouse:but they have decided not to raise chickens any more.

barel74

Reaction score
As they would say here in CA, it's the farmers fault for not having Mountain Lion proof fences :lol bashing sign:

ltdann

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how "suprised" people are when predators...are predators. I'm equally suprised on "its a tough decision" to protect humans from potential danger. Especially since the lion had killed the guys livestock on more than one occasion.

Case in point, the lion was laying in the yard when the hunter showed up and walked away. I can't understand how elimanating an obviously life threatening situation can cause the farm owner any remorse.

And you know what? His environmentally "sensitive" customers would sing a different tune if da lil' pussycat chowed down on one their kids.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom