mounting above 6 feet

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
has anyone ever mounted thier cam in a tree? just wondering how well it would work. maybee 6-12 feet off the ground.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
fadetoblack76,

I have seen several pictures over the last year that have been taken from above. They were mounted overlooking a trail, maybe 8ft. high. You just have to make sure your PIR is pointing in the right direction. It really gives the pictures a unique look. My cousins photoscout got attacked by a bear, so he mounted it up in a tree overlooking the trail, and got some cool photo's of a mom and three cubs, and a huge bobcat. I will definately give it a try when I find the right tree hanging over the right trail.

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
yea you would thinkit would be a hell of  a lot easier to hide. maybee the deer would think the flash was lightning:laffin-yellow::laffin-yellow:

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I have one mounted about 10 feet off the ground strapped to a branch of an apple tree, the only bad thing is I have to climb the tree to get the film! It does give you a unique perspective, and seems to greatly reduce false pics.

thehairlessone

Reaction score
One good possible reason for mounting in the trees, if someone tries to steal it hopefully they will fall and break their necks!

rick

Latest Posts

Top Bottom