Mounting circle glass

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I've been seeing alot of nice cameras out there so I'm working hard to make the next one look good.  My past cameras I would cut a hole in the housing then use goop to mount a square piece of glass on the outside of the housing.  It looks like some of you guys are recessing your glass into the housing now.  Are you just cutting the same size hole as your glass and mounting it in or is there something else going on?   What's to keep the glass from being pushed through the hole?

Thanks,
Todd

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Todd, I use a filter lens on the shutter hole and a rectangular glass on the flash. I make the shutter hole the size of the threads and epoxy it in place. Works well. I epoxy the glass also to the outside of the case and when I put the camo on it makes it flush with the glass. I use auto body filler for the texture and then paint it to match as best I can the surrounding trees. Hope this helps. MC

My Cam

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Well Mick,

you got the color of the tree down,  or did you paint the tree to match the cam?  he he

Camo Looks Good!

I still Goop the Glass over the hole,  got some UV filters from Bat but I remove the glass and still Goop it on.  It don't look as good as the others but it's quick

Tinhorn

Handcannon

Reaction score
Todd,   When I use glass I glue the glass with 3M Superweatherstrip Adhesive 8008,then use a little clear silicone,also works great on fresnel lenses.  Thank ole Gundoccc for this tip,I think he's been doing it longer than me.   Good luck

woodsman

Reaction score
I cut out the hole and use any pice of glass that fits the hole (old picture frame glass)
and silicone it in with automotive silicone ,on my last cam I used a uv filter I got from Bat .no problems with water YET:drowning:

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
I use 4 x4 glass over all my holes, and in order to make it look neat and keep the flash from getting to the shutter I cut matching holes in accoustic foam and cover the glass, and the whole lower part of my case.

This is as neat as I've gotten, and well it looks really good!!

Top Bottom