Mounting Components in Case

South

Reaction score
First want to thank Jesse and all you electronic guru's for the wealth of information on this site.  I finished building my first cam the other evening and couldn't have done it without the expertise on this site!!

I am using the Owl PF, the RS PIR, and a plastic first aid kit for the case.  Had some problems securing the camera in the case so that it consistently lined up with the lens and flash cutouts.  I have looked at all the pictures of other homebrews, but couldn't really make out how the camera and components are mounted.  If someone could post or send me some closeups of their mounting setups I would appreciate it.

South

Hope to

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any pics of the inside of my cam.

I used a radio shack hobby box.  THe back comes off and the camera is loaded from the rear. I have a piece of foam cut out that the camera sit's in, but what I did to make my camera lens line up consistantly was put a piece of velcro on the face of the cam so when I put the cam in the box it would be held tight to the front of the box. Lens and lens hole line up without a problem.

Good Luck.

dharter

Reaction score
The owl PF has a tripod mount on the bottom.  Its size is 1/4".  What I did for one of my cameras is to drill a hole int he bottom of an ammo can.  I took a 1/4 bolt with the right threads.  I put a nut on the bolt.  Then I inserted it through the hole with the nut on the outside.  Then I inserted the camera in the ammo can , and turned the bolt into the tripod mount of the camera.  Then I tightened up the nut on the outside.  You have to make sure that this hole is airtight to keep out moisture.  There were some other postings on how to do that.  I found a rubber washer at Lowes.  I put it  on top of the nut before I inserted it into the ammo can.  I am not sure if it works, and if I have a good seal.  I saw some other parts at Lowes that might work, but they were sold out of 1/4 size. Go to the specialty hardware section of Lowes  and look around for things that might work.

Top Bottom