Mounting Sensor (MS20)

bikehike

Reaction score
Hello All,

Recently I was helping a friend build two game cams using the PF, MS20, and the camoed pellican cases. My friend decided to mount the the sensor on the outside of the door and he also decided to screw the back of the sensor housing to the case door. He used metal screws and when we assembled everything and gave them a test before making permanent moves. Well the sensors wouldn't work correctly they would keep activating without being trigured by any motion or heat. After pulling our hair out trying to figure this out we think that the metal screws were messing up the sensors. We removed the metal screws and used plastic ones and the sensors started to work correctly. So I'm not sure what in the sensor these metal screws could effect?? Have any of you had this experience? I also want to say that I hope this site stays around for a long time because this is a great site.

davered1

Reaction score
Metal screws must have been grounding out the sensor board from inside. I have never had any problems with metal screws.

Sure it 's not a short in wiring?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I think Davered1 is right, it was the wiring and it corrected itself (temporarily) when it was all moved around or the metal screws were touching the PC board.  

Tinhorn

passgas55

Reaction score
I use brass #6 machine screws starting from ms20 case then 1 or 2 nuts (depends on angle you want)screwed on outside of ms20 , then thru box with a nut to hold everything in place. Never had a problem.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom