Mounts for Rifleman scope on savage 110

fleetmanager

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a delima. I bought a new Savage 110 (no accu trigger) in 7mm Rem mag and also bought a Leupold Rifleman scope for it.

It came with a cheap scope, rings and mounts which wouldn't fit the scope I bought. The bases that came on it were wrong because the rear base was flat and the receiver is round so I think that was a mess up at Savage when they put the package together.

Anyway, I bought some leupold rifleman scope bases and rings but when I was sighting it in it all loosened up. I had used lock tight. It only has one screw in the rings. Should I have a ring with two screws for the magnum application?

Has anyone had the same problems etc.?

The Rifleman scope has a 5.6" ring space ability. Maybe weaver scopes mounting stuff isn't tough enough for mags?

Thanks

The Big Dog

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had problems with the Savage long Action. Savage also has two styles of actions. Round Back and Flat Back. EGW explains how to idenify these actions. The best way I've found to cure this problem is I bought a picatinny base from EGW. http://www.egw-guns.com/ It cost me $39.99 which is a cheap fix for the problem I've had with the Savage Long Action. These bases can be had with up to 25 MOA taper for the same price. For rings, I like the Burris Signature Rings. These rings have plastic self-centering inserts. They really grip the scope without leaving any ring marks on the scope. I've never had a scope slip in these rings yet and I shoot a lot of magnums.

If I can be of any more help, Let me know.

Catch you later,

The Big Dog

Latest Posts

Top Bottom