Mouth calls

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I just picked up a couple of the Primos Sonic Dome models. WOW! Those are the easiest use and best sounding mouth calls I've ever tried. I've never been very good and often gag with traditional mouth calls and had almost given up on them. So glad I tried these. Awesome.

Duknutz

Reaction score
SDHNTR,
Thanks for the headsup!I'll be checking them out Asap!

One Track

Reaction score
I like those regular Primos Palate Plate type calls. Easy to use. Spent two weeks chewing on those things. Cut way back on my tabacco chewing too. Called in some five points and rag horns as well. Just bought a new three pack yesterday.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I've seen some folks use the Primos elk mouth calls with the big Primos bugle tube. They take off the blue latex cap mouthpiece end and then use the elk mouth call instead to make the calls. Sounds awesome.

You can also use turkey mouth calls since they are basically the same thing as the elk mouthcalls. Don't be afraid to experiment to find what works best for your mouth and calling style.

ORElkBow

Reaction score
Way to go. Also try the palate plates also like one track said. Have fun.

Coues

Reaction score
I like those regular Primos Palate Plate type calls. Easy to use. Spent two weeks chewing on those things. Cut way back on my tabacco chewing too. Called in some five points and rag horns as well. Just bought a new three pack yesterday.
90 days

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I like the plate ones with a tube for bugles, like Jesse said. You can get much better growl with a dual or triple reed mouth call and a bugle tube than you can with the blue reeds, IMO. I think the Sonic Domes make better cow sounds.

Coues

Reaction score
This cow call is extremely easy to use.

https://shop.primos.com/pc-1050-15-imaka-da-bullcrazy-long-range.aspx

HAHA, you'd think a company like Primos would spell check their website a little better.

The long range IMAKA DA BULLCRAZY was designed for long range calling or windy days. Like it’s twin, IMAKA DA BULLCRAZY, the long range version is manipulatable so you can vary the pitch of the call to sound like multiple cow elk. The long randy IMAKA DA BULLCRAZY comes with a green mouthpiece for long range calling or windy days.

Features:

• Long Range Calling or Windy Days
  • Manipulatable to sound like multipel cow elk

hank4elk

Reaction score
I always have an assortment in truck driving around practicing.Gotten lots of looks today in Santa Fe.I like the Primos sonic as SD and Speck say,also I think the Hoochie -Mama is THE call to take at all times. I've still had trouble with the mouth calls at times after a grueling climb or I'm dehydrated.Sometimes I sound like old Will his self and sometimes I scare even myself...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom