Moving Company Suggestions

Buck-eye

Reaction score
I know some of you have recently moved or looked in to it (Rancho). We want them to load and haul only. Anyone got some info on best companies, where to get deals, etc?

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Everything was cool with them? No problems and price was good? Did they load/unload or just drive?

foulshot

Reaction score
Buck, everything went fine with me. They drop the trailer at your house, only a 28 foot trailer, and you have to load it. Price was not that much more than a u-haul at the time.

They come pick up the trailer, give you a shipping number so you can track the trailer, and then you set up delivery date. They give you 72 hours to unload(if I remember correctly) and then pick the trailer back up.

If you are looking for someone to pack the trailer for you, this is not the gig to go with. If you don't mind doing the packing yourself it's pretty easy to go this route. If you do go with ABF make sure you put a layer of visquine on the end of the trailer where the door comes down, this will keep moisture from getting in the trailer.

Good luck with the move......again....

Buck-eye

Reaction score

again...

You got that right. You would think we would have this down to a science!

Marty

Reaction score
Does that mean you are moving back to heaven... er- San Diego???

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Oh, NO. Not again?!? Is it clear across the country again this time?

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Joe :: Don't you have some kind of frequent movers card? Ya know buy for get one free.....

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Arrow, I think I threw my punch card away after the last move. Or, it could be in some of the boxes that were never unpacked.

Unfortunately, we are not heading to Diego. Love that place, but once you leave, to get back in, you better be making the big bucks.

Nope, we are heading toward bigger deer, falls and winters, and most importantly, a place where I do not have to buy a dadgum package to watch my Buckeyes play every weekend. Thats right Tominator....

We're moving to SOUTH CAROLINA!!!! No, Im kidding. We are moving to Columbus. I am closing up shop here to take a job with Nationwide. It is a great gig. Wife should be able to stay home with Lil Buck and Taylor, and for the first time, my entire family is within 10 miles. True reunions and Christmas/Thanksgiving dinners. Plus my best bud is there.
Ill miss my JHO brethren here. Ol Bullfrog put me on my first ever Osceola turkey. Arrowhead surprised my son with a brand new bow for no reason other than complete kindness.

I truly miss weather. Fl doesnt have weather. We have heat. I like cold. Why the hell does half of my closet have long sleeves if I aint gonna use 'em? I got permission to hunt private land, we got a beautiful home on 1/2 acre for Sunday football games...

We feel blessed. All that said, I still dont have this dern moving thing down, even after 6 of them. I think it is the same syndrome that causes women to forget the pain of childbirth when they are considering having another child.

Marty

Reaction score
Nice move, Joe.

My mothers' family lived in Columbus and Dublin. Both mom and dad graduated from OSU.
My sister lives south of 270 on 3 acres. She and one brother also graduated from OSU.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom