Mr. Charlton Heston has died - RIP

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Kind of strange, just yesterday I saw something about him on TV, a promo for one of his old movies, and I was thinking "I wonder how old he is now?"

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Good man. 11 Academy Awards. Noted for saying, "Mr Clinton, we do not trust you with our 21 year old daughters, and certainly not with our guns." Nice jab for an older man. Go slow Charles. We appreciate all you've done as a gun advocate.

D3Lifer

Reaction score
I'll never forget his immortal line "Get your paws off of me you damned dirty Ape". Who else better did we have to carry the standard of "you can have my gun when you pry my cold dead fingers from it"? He was a true American classic in every sense of the word. The "Charlton Heston is My President" bumper sticker on my pickup remained, even in tatters, throughout the entire Clinton/Gore Aministration. God Bless and Godspeed.

easymoney

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this sad news. One of only a few good actors who spoke honestly and an ally sportsmen have...

arizona hunter

Reaction score
Mr. Heston was one of the few celebs I would like to have met. Besides his active work with the NRA, I admired movies like Ben Hur, El Cid,. Ten Commandments and The MountainMen with Brain Keith, Midway and Planet of the Apes.

I'll miss him, a man of integrity.

irishhunter

Reaction score
Great man and great actor.
Very sad to see the comments left on some of the sites about this man who chose to voice his opinions on things which mattered to him including civil rights which they are too ignorant to respect . The venom of these people is shocking,and shows why we need people like chuck heston to stand with all of us. Striking also is that in hollywood, he stands out as being married to the same wife for 64 years ,try that Sean penn and company. Ironically Richard Widmark another actor of the period also passed away this week,and he was a great hater of guns and the Rkba ,looks like the debate will go on in the hereafter. RIP chuck

dhall61

Reaction score
RIP. I feel the same as those here, I liked what he stood for.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
I enjoyed a lot of his older films.
If you were to look up the word integrity. His picture would be next to the definition.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Just Heard...Great Guy and he did a lot for NRA. He will surely be missed!

Top Bottom