slipperyd12

Reaction score
Can I use the 12v reed relay from radio shack on the ms-20  And if so does the three prongs go in the same way the three came out on the left side then  the single leg goes in on the right. So far My snappy QT will click but the shutter and the flash will not fire
wired ground to first plug, connected 2&3 then wired in other wire to these. Pulled it all of and camera still won't work. Just a click. nothing moves. It's time to think about trying a selonoid. Any help would be great. I'm slow learner on electronics!

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
If you have a 12 volt supply you can use the 12 v relay.  Are you saying the camera won't fire by just shorting the wires together.  If not the rewire tha camera.  something may have come loose.  

I don't think there  has been a lot of sucess with the solenoids.   They are difficult to allign and keep alligned.  Give wiring the camera another shot.  Did you leave in the button or remove it and come out that hole.

Do you have a volt meter.  If so check continuity across the relay when it's triggered.  Isolate your problem to either the relay or the camera.  If the camera will fire when you shout the wires together, then it's either in the plug or the sensor

TmKarren

Reaction score
I would also check the camera wires.  for it not flashing.  I would use the 9volt relay.  The 9 volt relay will still work when the battery voltage goes to 9 volts from being discharged.  If you use a 12volt it will quit working at 12volts.  someone correct me if I'm wrong.  but I think that is the way it goes..

(Edited by TmKarren at 7:17 am on July 28, 2002)

Top Bottom