MS-20 Question

homer

Reaction score
If the existing resistor(R-26) gives you about 4 second shutter closing and if you replace it with a 120k, that gives you about 10 second closing. What would you have to replace it with to get about 30 second closing? Also what is the value of the existing resistor?  Thanks Homer.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Homer

The original value of R26 is 33K

If changing the value of R26 creates a Linear change in Seconds then I think we can use this method to get a close value for the 30 seconds you asked about

This method is based on a "Ratio"
<font face="courier new">
120K = 10 sec
(?)  = 30 sec

30 X 120K = 3600
3600 / 10 = (?)
360K = (?)
</font>
The value of R26 should be about 360K

Tinhorn

TmKarren

Reaction score
hey there Homer.  Can't keep away even on vacation.  I have been trying to give my two cents worth.  It took some time to get to post a reply.  I see your into the timer thing too.  Good.  You should like the 30 sec.  better than the 4 sec.  Exept you may have to wait that long to switch it from Led.  to camera.  It isn't hard to do the time thing it's just the tinker'in part.  But if it wasn't for the tinker'in part we probably wouldn't be doing this.  Good luck with the timer thing.  Keep the Irons' hot..

(Edited by TmKarren at 8:07 am on Feb. 14, 2002)

homer

Reaction score
I have another question. Want should the wattage of the resistors be, or does it matter? Went to radio shack today to get resistor and they did'nt have what I wanted.  Tm, hows your vacation going? good I hope.

TmKarren

Reaction score
It's going good.  thank you.  It was in the 70's in Vegas.  It was nice.  I use the 1/4 watt.  I think they have 1/2 too.  but use the smaller one.  It's bigger than the other resisters on the board but it will work.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom