MS-20 / WM2 Inhibit Circuit

gantley

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the inhibit circuit yet?  I was not having much luck at using my own procedure.  Upon review I found I had a mistake on where to connect the Emitter.  I have found one other thing that bothers me that I will visit with Jon about before I disclose the troubles.  Could be me being out in right field....  The page has not been corrected as of 25 June 2002.  

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Thanks Gantley. I was only wondering how it would work with his mods. I am going to try that next but will probably be after the 4th. MC.

kmitch

Reaction score
I got mine to work and have been working on a walk LED test circuit. I didn't use the instructions. I wired from the schematic. I think I have the walk test figured out but need to test to make sure the switch closure or something else doesn't have some undesirable effect.

One thing I look at to see if everything is working is the voltage across the timing cap, the 150 mfd. When the PIR triggers it charges up. The final voltage will depend on the battery voltage. Once the output to the camera shutter releases the cap will start to discharge. On the one I have under test the PIR is rearmed when the cap voltage hits about .55 volts.

Keith

gantley

Reaction score
the drawing is right.  i hozed up on directions.  i used where D4 was at to connect positive to the inhibit circuit.  then put a diode in R22 West side to mount a LED and put a 1K resister over to the negitive side of the relay.  looked a bit strange but works great.  I mounted the LED where it would fit in the hole for the LDR that was removed (r22).  

Jon5ja

Reaction score
At lunch today I put the MS20 Simple Timer stuff up on the web page.  I haven't had a chance to thoroughly proofread it yet, and it isn't totally complete, but here's a link such as it is:

MS20 / WM2 Simple Timer

Jon

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Simply said, FANTASTIC Jon. Thanks. I think even I could do this mod. This will be very much appreciated.MC.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
yes, it is real nice, as usual.   Good Job!

Oops!  you forgot to remove R22, the light sensor......

My MS20 Folder is now about doubled in size  he he

Tinhorn

Jon5ja

Reaction score
Thanks!

Actually, I removed the two resistors (R23 and R24) instead -- I have plans for the light sensor :)

wfontjr

Reaction score
jon/gant
questions questions and more questions, can u remember those quiet evening before you bumped into this

the inhibit/timer mods, do they work in auto, test or both?

Jon5ja

Reaction score
Ha... test should work as always, the "inhibit" timer only works in AUTO.

wfontjr

Reaction score
perfect, test for no delay, auto for variable or longer delay

(Edited by wfontjr at 8:13 pm on June 27, 2002)

wfontjr

Reaction score
well the low power mods worked great, i am having problems with this timer circuit, looks the timer is cycling off to on every two minutes (two minutes was the delay i was shooting for), staying on for about 6 seconds, any ideas on something easy i might have crossed, i have checked the schematic, my eyes are starting to hurt, one question will a mps2907 pnp transitor work in place of the pn2907a?

Jon5ja

Reaction score
The MPS2907 should work fine.

I had one of mine cycle like that once when the battery was weak.  You might want to check it and make sure. Other than that, I think I'd lay the sensor face down on the table or something and see if it still does it.  Once I thought my was oscillating, but I just had enough movement in the room to keep setting it off.

A few questions --

Did you use the component values from the web page?
330K from the collector of the MPS2907 and 10K for the "input" charging resistor?
Are you running it off 9V?
Is the added capacitor + lead connected to battery voltage or the regulated 5V?

wfontjr

Reaction score
i used a 220uf cap with a 220k resistor to set the delay (2 mins)
i am using a 9 volt power supply which is running about 9.7v
all the other componets should be straight off the web page, 1m, 10k, 330k
pulling power off of the banded side of d1

(Edited by wfontjr at 10:12 pm on June 28, 2002)

gantley

Reaction score
Wfontjr

list the locations of where you connected the inhibit circuit too.  i an not sure if jon and i use the same spots.  this fact could be usefull in telling where the inhibit circuit is getting its charge from......

what a second.  is the relay being trigered too?

Advertisement

Top Bottom