MS sensor problem

undcoverbob

Reaction score
HELP, When giving juice (9v DC) to my MS sensor. The relay closes, and remains closed. what did I do wrong.

Welby

Reaction score
Hey undcoverbob,

This is simple I know, but you may just have your wires mixed up.  When I built my first one, I was in such a hurry to get it working, I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and hooked it up wrong to the battery.  Instead of using the white wire for the battery -, I was using the black wire for the LED.  (OK, dumb, dumb, dumb....I know!)  Anyhow, the result was the same as you described.  I would put juice to the battery, and then the relay would close and remain closed.

Don't panic!  That's the worst thing to do, because then you don't think straight and you might end up burning up you MS20.  Instead, slowly and carefully check everything you did against Jesse's site and instructions.  If you did everything like he has posted, I promise, it will work.  That is, unless there is a faulty component somewhere.

Good luck.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Also, the Motion Detector has a warmup period that takes quite a few seconds to time out and it will hold the realy in the whole time.  I can't remember exactly how long it it but seems like 20 seconds.

Hope thats the "Problem"

Tinhorn

undcoverbob

Reaction score
This is more than 20 seconds!  I hooked up an LED, and it stays lit constantly

undcoverbob

Reaction score
I don't have my camera here. . .(I am at work) But, I think I might have made the same DUMB mistake you made WELBY. . . I'll let you know tonight!
               -Bob-

undcoverbob

Reaction score
Everything is A-Okay, Now!

Thanks Everyone!!!!!

Bob made a dUmB mistake!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hey! we can coin a new TERM:  "Welby Syndrome"  AKA "Welby Trick"

He did a Welby Trick

Be careful of the Welby Trick, it'll get you every time

The Welby Trick Creek Crossing!