ms20 replacement

grtwythunter

Reaction score
I am going to start my first cam this weekend, and wanted to make sure that the modifications to the walmart "mainstays" sensor are the same as to the ms20's. My walmart is out of ms20's and I am trying to go low buck with my first cam just in case I screw something up. Any suggestions/reccomendations for a first timer would be appreciated.Thanks in advance! Scott

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
grtwythunter
it is the same sensor as the ms20 just packaged diff.  do it exactly like the ms20 on jesses site.  it is the ms20   hope this helps.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the info swampfoot. I can't wait to get this thing finished and see the results.
Scott

BowDoc

Reaction score
The 9vdc relay. What is the RS part number
Is is  this relay 10-Amp SPDT Mini Relay. This replay only draws 9vdc. It looks just like the relay I have to remove

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
bow doc
the relay i use is rs part # 275-005A  9v spdt relay
works great

BowDoc

Reaction score
Thank you swampfoot. I picked up a "mainstays"  at walmart. Going to give one of them a try. They are almost 16 bucks cheaper then the radio shack. I am going to build another cam. I have a friend who wants one. do you use a desoldering iron when you work on them. Any tips would be of a great help

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
BOW DOCC
I JUST USE A 25 WATT SOLDERING IRON AND DESOLDERING "BRAID" FROM RADIO SHACK AND IT DOES GREAT. YOU JUST LAY THE BRAID OVER THE PLACE YOU WANT DESOLDERED AND THEN PLACE THE HOT IRON ON THE BRAID AND IT WILL SUCK UP THE SOLDER.

BowDoc

Reaction score
I picked up the relay. I am going to get a desoldering braid or RS 9 buck desoldering iron. The one with the sucker on it. I have an owl on the way going to wire it to that and a 6 volt battery. My other rig shot 8 out of 12 shots will not have film back unit friday for results

Top Bottom