ms20 reports

Dbworld

Reaction score
I've used both the RS and ms20.  But prefered the rs pir because of power consumption.  Now with the new power savings mods on the MS20 is there any compromise in PIR range using less power?  Is everything else the same (hooked up) using Brians Board. I'm thinking about switching back to the MS20.  Especially since my Local Walmart has them cheap and plentiful, and I'm not happy with my RS PIR distance on my most recent cameras.    

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I'v set up three so far using the Jon's low power mods, and everything seems to be working fine so far. I'm curious to see how long the batteries will last on the MS20's with the low power setup. I have RS-PIR's that are going on 9 months with the same 4 AA's. Last time I was at Wal-Mart they were down to $7.88, it's hard to beat that price. They do take a little more space for mounting though.

Jon5ja

Reaction score
There should be no significant difference in performance of the circuit (other than improved battery life) after implementing the low-power modifications.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I just finished my D370 last night.   I used the low power mods and I'm getting 65 feet if I move at a decent speed - normal walk.  I figure a blank night picture on a digital is better than missed a day pic.  

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
I hear so much of the better distance with the ms-20 that I'm going to do one with the low power and try it also. I have only used the RS but like AEH said about the digital. MC.

Top Bottom